1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Michael Peroutka Invites Chuck Baldwin To Be His Running Mate

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by KenH, Apr 26, 2004.

1. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

You can't bomb terrorism into submission. It's been tried. In fact, as in Iraq, you can actually encourage the terrorists by invading countries.

It's a deadly war, one that cannot be fought in the same way we fought WWII.

Bush and the neocons might hope so, but it's just wishful thinking.

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you are right, Galatian, then Western Civilization is doomed and we had best all start reading the Koran so that we can better understand our rulers.

3. Pennsylvania Jim

Pennsylvania Jim New Member

Maybe that's why Bush has been holding Ramadan celebrations in the White House, and praising the allah of islam.

Seriously, I'm all for killing terrorists, as many as we can. But that's not what Iraq is about.

4. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I really disrespect my fellow Baptists on this point of a preacher running for public office. If Baldwin wants to be dog catcher, let him resign the ministery. If he wants to be a preacher, let him forego running for dog catcher.

I should think that Baldwin would be ashamed of being another Pat Robertson or be ashamed that the RCC had shown the way on this issue.

And as for the hedge of the bet that he would resign if he were elected, that is even worse. Why doesn't he resign if he is going to actually run? Doesn't he live by faith? What does he want--worldly office or spiritual office?

What kind of preacher is this man?

5. JamesJ

JamesJ New Member

"What kind of preacher is this man?"

Sounds like some of the founding fathers to me !!

6. Bartimaeus

Bartimaeus New Member

Poor little ol' chargrove, still believing all that comes out of Washington. Let me give you one and see if you will believe it: "We must fight the Communists in Korea because it is in the intrest of our national security!". We lost that one. "We must fight the Communists in Viet Nam because it is in the intrest of national security!" We lost that one too! "We must rescue Kuwait from Saddam it is in the intrest of national security!" We didn't win that one we quit. Now we must take Iraq.....and various other lies that have taken the best young blood of our nation. Maybe you are just young and can't figure it out yet. What do you think would happen if we would load all our B-52's and B-1's and dropped it all on Iraq at once, with about 20 Navy warships launching cruise missles at the same time. That is the way to fight this war. Wipe out the terrorists and their mama's and papa's and all the up and coming little terrorists. I haven't seen anything like that yet. Japan quit because they got hurt and Germany quit because there wasn't anything left. Let's do it again I say.
    Thanks ------Bart

7. iq4truth

iq4truth New Member

God, Himself, chose to use church leaders as BOTH church leaders and government workers!

Debra - A Judge (Judicial)
    Gideon - A Judge (Judicial)
    Samuel - A Judge (Judicial and Prophet)
    David - A King (Political and Prophet)
    Hezekiah - A King (Political)
    Josiah - A King (Political)
    Uziah - A King (Political)

Personally, I only believe that the Bible is the inerrant Word of God. The words of today's men are not the inerrant Word of God.

Nowhere in the Bible does God exclude Christians from politics. Quite the Opposite!

Click HERE to Learn the Bible Facts!

And, the reverse is true too, that ever since our pastors have stopped preaching on politics from the pulpit, the USA has been sliding into Hell!

See:
    [​IMG]
    and
    [​IMG]

Click HERE for These Resources And More!

8. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Listing a series of Jews and then saying that they were both church workers and political leaders staggers the imagination.

Moses was not Aaron. The priesthood was a separate tribe.

The zenith of mixing religious leaders and politicians must be Islam where oriental despotism tied the head of state to the religion, using civic authority to support religion as in ancient Babylon, now part of Iraq.

The USA is not oriental and preachers should stick to the higher calling and refrain running for dog catcher or other political office where they feed at the the public trough--not that there is anything wrong with being in government--unless they first should like to resign the ministry.

Chuck Baldwin will be a disgrace as a preacher if he actually runs for office while still a preacher. Maybe he should do as Pat Robertson--resign and then be ordained again after defeat.

9. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist

10. Pennsylvania Jim

Not mine.

If God wants you to be a clerk at WalMart and you become a missionary or a preacher, you're wasting your time.

I don't know how he'll do it. I would think if he wins he certainly would step down from being a Pastor.

11. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why would he step down from being a pastor if he were elected? Isn't that an admission that there is something wrong with holding both jobs at the same time? Don't misunderstand me--I love hypocrisy!

12. Pennsylvania Jim

Yes, it's probably not a good idea to hold both jobs at the same time.

13. Daniel David

Daniel David New Member

CMG, the CP is just made up of disgruntled Republicans who use christianity to cover their political activism.

Baldwin is so inept. How does anyone listen to that guy teach anything?

14. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Have to agree with your flawless logic, Daniel David!

15. Pennsylvania Jim

How do you know? Have you met many of them? Have you been to meetings? Why are you so hostile against people who stand for Christian principles? Feeling the heat for some reason?

16. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

17. Pennsylvania Jim

How do you know? Have you met many of them? Have you been to meetings? Why are you so hostile against people who stand for Christian principles? Feeling the heat for some reason? </font>[/QUOTE]DD makes a slandersous comment and runs for the bushes when asked to back it up.

18. Pennsylvania Jim

NetPublicist, thanks for the link to the pictures and information. Good stuff!