1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Michael the Archangel

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Ulsterman, Jun 20, 2006.

1. Ulsterman

Ulsterman New Member

"Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee." Jude vs 9

Why do you think Michael was prohibited from accusing Satan?

#1 Ulsterman, Jun 20, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2006
  2. bapmom

bapmom New Member

I think it just means that even the strongest most powerful angels do not have the authority in and of themselves to rebuke Satan. They use the Lord's name, and the Lord's authority to do this. I believe it also shows that Jesus was always above the angels, and not one of them.

3. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

I think there was a dispute because Satan would love to have Israel worshipping Moses' body instead of the Lord.

4. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

I agree with Bapmom. Somewhere in 2 Peter, it warns against challenging the angelic majesties, which some Bible study notes say refers to fallen angels. Apparently, false teachers were doing this.

My application of this passage is that we are not to rebuke and talk to Satan or demons, but to ask the Lord to deal with them. We should not focus on demons - I think they actually like the attention (just imo).

5. Friend of God

Friend of God Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

C4K,
    I never looked at it that way, but it does make sense.

6. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I second that, what a unique view!