1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Michelle Obama declares, "Black Girls Rock!"

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by righteousdude2, Mar 29, 2015.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, that is nice to know, and I'm sure all the black girls present at the huge event, plus those watching on television or streaming to an iPod felt encouraged and lifted up by her proclamation! From what I read it was a very festive gathering, with a lot of Hollywood top black women present.

However (and you knew with me, there'd be a 'but'); I have to ask you what the black community would do, had let's say Mrs. Bush threw such a gala event, attended by white girls and Hollywood's best known white actresses, done the same thing, and declaring, "White girls rock?"

I have said it numerous times in the last six years, and I'll say it again, and probably a few more times in the last two years the Obama's serve in Washington, that this president and his wife, have done more to divide this nation in six years, then the KKK (for instance) did in its hey day.

If we are truly going to remain a melting pot, and a nation of all colors and cultures, then this event would have been best served as one that celebrated young girls of all colors, and Mrs. Obama claiming, "Girls Rock!"

What say you?

http://www.aol.com/article/2015/03/...id7|htmlws-main-bb|dl31|sec1_lnk2&pLid=635367

2. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Slow night, eh? :smilewinkgrin:

3. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

What we say is that you need to stop acting as though you are oblivious to why the average person has no problem with her saying that.

Old racially prejudiced white men have done far more to divide the country than the Obamas could ever hope to do.

4. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'd say your, hmmmmmmmmmmm, bias is showing.

5. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Yep. :thumbsup:

6. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Another one of these posts? Let it go...

7. robustheologian

robustheologian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :applause:

8. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Another Zaac fan from Atlanta .... me thinks? Thanks for applauding my post, son!

9. robustheologian

robustheologian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    1. I'm not a "Zaac fan" i'm a fan of the truth.
    2. The applause is not for your post.
    3. I'm not your son, boy!

10. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Righteous dude,
    Ask most any of these guys who have commented so far and they'll know I think they can only make left turns. But you are crazy on this one.

White girls have loads of people telling them they "rock", but it is important for black girls to have someone such as Mrs. Obama say an encouraging word to them. They look up to her and it's important they hear that message.

I think President and Mrs. Obama are a blight on America, but not because of some kind of manufactured complaint like this. There's substantive issue we need to fight against, this ain't one.

11. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

You are so, so funny .... you knew this OP was from me, yet you had to look. If you truly feel that this is merely, "another ONE of those threads" then please tell me why you bothered to open it and respond.

Could it be you tend to be a little masochistic, in that you seem to enjoy subjecting yourself to my posts; posts that are revolting to you as a person? Why not put me on ignore and save yourself the personal DISGUST, as well as cyber space one less snide comment, and a few electrons, brother?

12. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe you have a point. But I was suggesting that as a multi-ethnic nation and society, isn't it time for us to gather girls of ALL races in that event center and rev them all up with that statement. Continuing to divide kids exclusively by race and culture is only harming the goal of breaking down the walls that divide.

Maybe I am thinking back to my days as a Girls Club director, and doing events like these that brought together inner-city girls from all walks of life and making them feel valued and of worth to society.

But, thanks for a view that was an attack. Shalom!

13. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

He's like a teenager staring at a iPhone....so alluring! Oh wait....make that most adults too.

14. Jedi Knight

Site Supporter

You made a good point...why people call out people by skin color? Psst....its a double standard. Character is a soul thing not a skin thing.

15. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Man hush. You weren't suggesting squat. You're just peddling your own brand of bigoted "why they got to have a Miss Black America pageant" foolishness. And you think people aren't smart enough to see through it.

You try to act so dense sometimes and act like you can't understand, why it's important for people to be encouraged. When you've got folks on conservative talk radio calling people welfare broods and women of color constantly being degraded as nothing more than baby mamas, praise God that the First Lady and a lot of other strong successful women are letting them know that they rock regardless of the stereotyped depictions they see so often.

#15 Zaac, Mar 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2015
  16. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Again this feigned ignorance. When the Prom King and Queen are always white, when all the cheerleaders are white, when the stars of every movie are white, when the stars of every tv show is white, when the nominees for every movie award is white, when every President before the current one has been white, there's no need to call out skin color because privilege already assumes and is encouraged merely based on it's rule over everything.

There's no double standard. But again just like the innocuous "Why do they need a Miss Black America Pageant" question. When everything has been all white before, it's de facto called out.

17. Jedi Knight

Site Supporter

He likes to Thumb himself a lot...no doubt he needed his own support too.:laugh:

18. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Take a selfy, and fall in love with yourself all over again! :love2:

#18 righteousdude2, Mar 30, 2015
  19. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was hoping if another voice told you to stop it you might get the message. How many times are you going to post threads about race and then wonder why there is always talk about race?

Wow, you sure think highly of yourself. I looked at your post and said to myself, "there he goes again", and threw in a brief comment about you letting it go. Your posts are not punishing in any way. Far from it.

#19 InTheLight, Mar 30, 2015
  20. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What makes you think that you can tell me, or any one else, that I need to stop posting certain subjects? :thumbsup: Again, ITL - when did you last snap a selfy. I think it would go a long way in making you feel better about yourself! :smilewinkgrin: