1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Michelle Obama - Lie to your kids for a cause

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by annsni, Feb 15, 2011.

1. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

I don't like the message from the OP at all.

How can it be right to trick your children into doing something regardless of where you live? If the stairs are the exercise equipment you have, then run up and down them together.

I work in an inner-city community and while predominately black, there are white and hispanic families there too.

2. mandym

mandym New Member

You have to wonder what kinds of things someone does on a regular basis that leads them to believe it is right to go in public and justify lying to your kids to get them to do what you want. Aside from the fact that if you are forced to lie to them you have no control over them, it is also true to justify that behavior is such a cavalier manner suggests a habit.

3. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    To find the answer to your question I guess you should ask some of the folk who responded in the thread, Is it sin to lie or kill for the right MOTIVE? Is making kids do what you want them to do, or what you believe is the right thing for them to do a "right motive"?

4. mandym

mandym New Member

No, I answered my own question just fine.

5. NiteShift

NiteShift New Member

It's not just anyone who can teach or administer an inner-city school. It takes kidneys as we used to say.

6. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

Thanks for that recognition. It is the hardest (and most rewarding) work I've ever done.