1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Michigan Football Coaching Vacancy

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by pocadots1990, Dec 14, 2007.

1. pocadots1990

pocadots1990 Member

Since they can't get Les Miles, who is going to Michigan?

Rich Rodriguez from WVU has been reported talking to Michigan.

2. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Who said they can't get Miles? ;)

From what I understand, the deal he just signed didn't give him anything that would still prevent him from leaving. I think he will be introduced as new head coach at Michigan after Ohio State beats LSU next month :)

3. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

The sad thing is that even if Les Miles were telling the truth about not going to Michigan (and I haven't a clue as to whether he is or not), we won't believe him until Michigan actually introduces somebody else as their head coach.

4. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

ESPNews reported that he has had phone conversation with the Michigan AD this week.

5. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Rodriguez has talked to Michigan. So has Miles (although he denies it's directly about the job).

Watch out for a Brian Kelly or someone just under the radar. But it's clear Michigan can't get a good candidate yet.

6. pocadots1990

pocadots1990 Member

He's going to Michigan. Good fit?

7. pocadots1990

pocadots1990 Member

How about Terry Bowden to WVU?

8. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

If I were a Michigan fan, I would be excited about this hire. I think he is going to do a good job.

I dont see Bowden at WVU.

9. pocadots1990

pocadots1990 Member

Now Rodriquez is fighting the $4 million buy out clause in his contract. First Belien, now Rodriquez and both of them sights problems with the athletic department. This thing is so messed up.

It was pretty spineless how he left:

1. Called a top recruit to let him know he was leaving WVU for Michigan before anyone else knew.

2. He handed his resignation letter to a graduate assistant and told that person to hand it to the Athletic Director.

3. Now he is fighting the buy out clause.

4. There were never reports of Michigan asking WVU to talk with Coach Rod about the job vacancy.

As our governor put it, this was a "back-handed deal." The governor should know, he's the king of it. (just my two cents worth)

To me, there are two problems here:

1. Coach Rod was wrong in how he handled this situation

2. There must be something wrong with the Athletic department because both the basketball and football coaches had problems with the administration.

I'm seeing a pattern here.

10. RockRambler

RockRambler New Member

Amazing how the Governor or AD didn't have a problem in signing Bob Huggins to coach the basketball team, even though Huggins had only been at Kansas State for a year and had 4 years remaining on his contract.

Guess it depends on whose ox is getting gored.

11. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Good point Rock.

12. pocadots1990

pocadots1990 Member

I agree with you whole heartedly about that.

13. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Rich knew his stock was potentially on the decline. And, how many good vacancies are going to be coming up? Tennessee isn't going to be open anytime soon. Bama has lost its luster. Notre Dame isn't going to make a change (and it's luster is lost). No big name programs were going to open up soon. The hot seat isn't that hot too many places. And the Big Ten is pretty open. When you can be as so-so as Michigan was this year and make it to the Cap One Bowl, just think of what you might be able to do with an extra win or two along the way? So why not go to Michigan, cash a check, and roll the dice?

14. pocadots1990

pocadots1990 Member

After that loss to Pitt, I figure that Pitt will be on the rise and WVU on the decline. And I don't blame Rich for leaving, just how he did it is the problem.

I wish him the best in Ann Arbor.

15. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

Well...you were wrong about Miles, my guess is you'll be wrong about the outcome of the BCS; Geaux Tigers!:thumbs: