1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Michigan vs. Ohio State

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by FriendofSpurgeon, Nov 15, 2007.

1. FriendofSpurgeon

FriendofSpurgeon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Who is going to win on Saturday???

2. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I can't say I have 'analyzed' the teams this year, but history does play a part in ancient grudge rivalries. So looking back over the last 2 decades, a loss or poor showing the week before playing Ohio St. does not seem to indicate Michigan will lose this game; but Ohio St. losing before the week before the game does generally indicate a poor performance [a loss] by Ohio St.

It's also significant that when Michigan loses more than one game early in a season, they usually pick up and start winning and most of the time win this finale. Grouping these 3 circumstances together, plus the fact that the game is at Michigan... I say Michigan will win.

3. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Michigan will win. Ohio State is overrated.

4. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

I like the maize and blue in this one.

5. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Lets see...Michigan has lost three games to App. St, Oregon and Wisconsin. Ohio State handily wupped Wisconsin, App. St...well...is App. St, and Oregon loses last night to an anranked Arizona team...and Ohio State is overrated? Wow.

OSU wins by more than 2 touchdowns.

6. StefanM

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We'll see.

7. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

Michigan 24, OSU 21 in OT.

8. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I guess we did :)

I was wrong, though

"only" won by 11 ;)

Sickening that a mulligan last week will prevent them from playing for the national championship. If it had occured week 1 or 2, they would be ranked either #1 or #2.

9. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

What's with the BB love affair for Michigan? This is the worst Michigan team I have seen in 12 years, and everybody here chose them to win.

10. StefanM

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We just don't think much of OSU.

I was wrong about this game, but I do think that OSU will lose big in the Rose Bowl.

11. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

You don't think much of OSU...but you did Oregon, Oklahoma and LSU?!? :laugh:

12. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

If Oklahoma loses (currently 27-10 Texas Tech at half), would the BCS choose Kansas, Missouri or West Virginia over Ohio State for the championship game, with Kansas and Missouri playing each other next week?

13. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

If Kansas gets thru the Big 12 undefeated they have to be the choice.

Im not sure thats going to happen, Missouri is pretty tough and then having to play in the big 12 title game.

Losing late in the season is really going to hurt OSU. Just all the more reason why we need a playoff and let em determine all this on the field.

14. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

Probably a lack of knowledge on my part. I had watched a total of 30 minutes of college football this season (I watched about half of the OSU-Mich game until it bored me to no end). You are right, Michigan was bad. However, OSU didn't impress me either. Maybe it was the rain.

I'm about done with college football, though. I can't stand the hypocrisy and the myth of the "student-athlete." I think they should just pay the players and make it the minor leagues of the NFL. Enough ranting, I don't want to derail the thread.

15. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

Either Kansas or Mizzou will go downt his week, and that winner still needs to get through OU who may very well still be the power of the Big 12 which will leave WV and OSU. WV still has to win out in their conference while OSU sits back and watches the carnage and hopes for things to fall just right for them...but i don't think it will happen.

Right now i may have to say LSU and WV in New Orleans.

16. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The question may end up being: if Missouri beats Kansas, do they jump West Virginia, if WV beats UConn? And, if AZ St. beats USC, could they jump Ohio St.? Then, whether it's KU or MU as the Big 12 North champ, can they beat OU (or maybe Texas)? [and I think OU will have a hard time beating Okla.St. and KU or MU-- a QB doesn't recover from a concussion that quickly.]

As much as I don't want to see it happen, Ohio St. has a pretty good advantage here. All the teams ahead of them-- LSU, KU, WVU, MU-- have games against one or more opponents well capable of beating them, with one of those 4 definitely losing. This is like Florida St. in 1998 or Nebraska in 2001-- the get in Championship Game by default.

And don't think past history and tradition won't play a part in how it comes out. Suppose LSU and Kasas' positions were reveresed [and perhaps they should be]... If KU were #1 and lost either to MU or B12 CG, they would have no chance of still going to the BCS CG. But LSU-- they would, just like Oklahoma did in 2003. It's for the same reason that they have lost a game and are still ranked #1, ahead of Kansas.

I'll just say this... I don't want any particular teams to go to the CG more than I want Ohio St. to not go. They would have another 50-day layoff, which would hurt them again, but they wouldn't be a prohibitive favorite, which I think also hurt them last year, as well as no Heisman winner with little NFL potential who made big circuits and didn't prepare that well. IOW, Ohio St. would probably win if they do back into it, and I'd prefer any of the 4 teams ahead (or definitely AZ St.) to win it.

17. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

With LSU losing today in 3OT, I believe OSU will be in the national championship game!

OSU and WVU.

#17 webdog, Nov 23, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2007