1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Microsoft Publisher

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by Gayla, Nov 7, 2005.

1. Gayla

Gayla New Member

Is anyone familiar with this program?
    I can't figure out how to make a brochure on legal size paper with 4 columns.
    Help!!! [​IMG]

2. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

I hate Publisher, but don't know what else to use. I could figure out what to do Gayla, but would not be able to walk you through it, sorry :( . If it is a simple 4 columned brochure you might be just as well to use Word.

3. Gayla

Gayla New Member

I'm thinking I'll stick to PrintMaster.
    I'll check out Word.

4. computerjunkie

computerjunkie New Member

Gayla,

Once you figure out Publisher, it's much easier to setup than Word...but that's just my personal opinion. Here's how you set the columns in Publisher.

Open Publisher and select blank publication. Click on File>Page Setup. Under Layout tab, click Custom. Select Landscape, set width to 14", height to 8.5". Under Printer & Paper tab, select paper size Legal. Click OK. You will have a blank legal size layout.

Click on Insert>Text Box and draw your text box. Right-click in the text box and select Format Text Box. Click on the Text Box tab and you'll see a box called "Columns". Click on it and enter the number of columns you want, click OK, and voila! You have a 4-column layout.

Insert a text box in each column and away you go!

Personally, I think it's much easier to work with than Word when doing stuff like this.

Hope this helps...

CJ

5. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Serif has publishing software,and you can usually get the older version for around ten bucks.

I've found all publishing programs a little difficult, but I think it is because they operate differently than word processors and we aren't used to them.

I used serif (about five versions older than the current) and it had a big learning curve, but all others I've used have the same.

Serif has a lot of other software as well and older versions sell cheap. Get on their mailing list if you are interested.

6. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Good points CJ,

Maybe I just need a good MSPub teacher [​IMG] .

7. Gayla

Gayla New Member

Thanks, CJ.
    Followed your steps and Voila! four columns on legal size paper!

8. Gayla

Gayla New Member

I bought a disc with about 5 programs from Serif. Page Plus5 and others, but it says I need to call to get an unlock code. It's usually too late to call when I think about doing it.

Someday . . ..

9. Gayla

Gayla New Member

Help!!
    I need to eliminate the margins. Pastor wants a tri-fold, legal size brochure with virtually no margin.