1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Mid Acts Dispensationalists

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by evangelist6589, Apr 27, 2012.

1. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thats a good book and I have read it. I disagree with his tribulation views, but regardless a great book.

2. AresMan

AresMan Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Modern mid-Acts dispensationalism makes Walvoord and Pentecost look like Covenant Theologians. Mid-Acts dispensationalism goes way beyond mainstream classical, revised, or progressive dispensationalism.

When reading writings from the early church fathers to see support for mid-Acts dispensationalism, I found nothing even remotely suggesting it (let alone any form of dispensationalism). The only writings close enough were those of the "Christian" gnostics who would agree with mid-Acts dispensationalists that Paul and Peter taught separate, conflicting gospels concerning Jesus Christ.

3. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    isn't it Hyper Dispy, that teaches and holds that basically the Church started with Apostle paul, as he was THE Apostle to gentiles, and see nothing in NT before his ministry was wriiten to us today, as that all applied to either isreal, or to transistion saints!