1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mid America Baptist Theological Seminary

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by Rhetorician, Oct 29, 2008.

1. Rhetorician

Rhetorician Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hey to All MABTS Alum;

I was just wondering if there were any MABTS alums out there that might want to reminisce?

I was a 1985 Diploma of Theology (later to become "converted" to an Associate of Divinity) grad!:laugh:

Let me hear from you.

"That is all?"

2. PeterM

PeterM Member

2006 M.Div degree... I think we connected some time ago here @ BB. Hope all is well.

I have heard that the school, while financially secure, is experiencing some "issues". Have you heard anything?

3. Rhetorician

Rhetorician Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Issues?"

Peter,

Although I am here, I have been in the area since I graduated in 1985, I have no idea what you mean?

I heard that Darryl Cornett left to go back into the pastoral ministry somewhere in E. Kentucky. I go to church with Dr. Spradlin and all seems well. But that is always an occurence for professors to "turn over;" to go other places, to go back into the pastorate, to go on and do other degrees, et al.

I know of no "issues" as you use the word. If there are truly "issues" then we had best pray for them.

"Our Heavenly Father, bless our beloved alma mater in accordance with your will for them and all who have, are, and will study there for the furtherance of thy 'Kingdom on earth!'" Amen, in Jesus' Name.

"That is all!"