1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

"Midnight Call"

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by wpe3bql, Jun 17, 2015.

1. wpe3bql

wpe3bql Member

Does any one know much about the monthly magazine "Midnight Call: The International Prophetic Voice for the Endtimes"?

It appears that its eschatology is pre-trib. They seem to be rather "Invisible Church" [a little to much for my liking].

However, the magazine does have some interesting articles.

I'm the sort of person who generally likes to read some works of those who may see things a bit differently than I do, even if IMHO I don't always agree with them in every "jot and tittle." :smilewinkgrin:

2. SovereignGrace

SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    For a minute I thought you had six burritos today and had the 'midnight call'... :tonofbricks::smilewinkgrin:

3. wpe3bql

wpe3bql Member

I'ma wokin' on it!!....Will facts U the outcome!!' :smilewinkgrin::thumbs:

4. wpe3bql

wpe3bql Member

So far I haven't seen anyone post anything yea or nay regarding "Midnight Call" magazine.

That being said, and with the understanding that I'm not receiving any form of remuneration from this magazine or any ministry that's connected with it, what follows is a brief summary of the magazine's July, 2015, issue [NOTE: All of its articles are copyrighted]:

1) "When Will the Bridegroom Return?' by Norbert Lieth. (The magazine's 'Cover Story') [pp. 6-9] 'Jesus Christ promised to return to earth soon. Since then almost 2,000 years have passed!' This is a basic summary of the OT book of Habakkuk .[This is one of my favorite OT 'Minor Prophetic' books.---WPE3BQL]
    'God's sense of timing has other dimensions, but the time of His intervention will come and until that time, the world is not left to its own devices.' 'As the Church of Jesus Christ, we know that the Lord will come in judgment before the Last Tribulation to rapture His body, which we are, to heaven.' (MR0415/684)

2) "The True Christian Nation," by Arno Froese. [pp. 10-14] "But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvelous light (1 Peter 2:9). This is a warning to those who believe that the USA is (or even was) a truly "Christian nation." 'Particularly during the month of July when the founding of the United States of America is celebrated, there is the extreme danger of mixing the political identity with the holy nation, the Church of Jesus Christ.' 'To call anyone or anything "Christian," whether an individual or a nation, certain criteria must be met. If we are speaking of an individual, the Biblical requirements are that he must be born again by the Spirit of God, understanding all that this entails.' 'Freemasons pride themselves in their noble attitudes and adherence to strict moral codes. These are not "evil" men in the classical sense. But they are blinded to the true revelations of God's Word, and their religious philosophy embraces all religions as valid.' 'George Washington was sworn in as the first President of the United States by Robert Livingston, Grand Master of New York's Masonic Lodge. The Bible on which he took his oath was from his own Masonic lodge.' (MC)

3) Under the section "Money: Ends & Trends," is this article entitled "World of Economic Wars" by Wilfred Hahn [pp. 15-19] (Mr. Hahn quotes Matthew 24:6-8, KJV as his text for his article.) 'Obviously, for "nations and kingdoms rising up against each other" to be a "sign," this occurrence must be of an enormous scale.' 'While virtually no one had predicted that the world would fall into a state of negative interest rates, this state of affairs could well continue for some time and could yet become much worse. We fully expect a decline into rampant "money finance" policies (a virulent form of immoral money printing) by all of the major central banks in the world at some point.' (MC)

4) "Behold, He Cometh with Clouds," by Wim Malgo (1922-1992) [pp. 20-21] 'Everything is in Jesus' hands! After He solved the problems of the sins of mankind on the cross at Calvary, at the end of this world age the question of power will finally be solved.' 'Why do we have to stay here on earth after we have been converted? Surely, it would be best to go straight to heaven?! The deep meaning of our presence here on earth is that we should make the victory of Jesus Christ visible up to His revelation.' (MR0315/692)

5) "Is There Any Evidene[sic] of a Global Flood?" by Dr. Ron J. Bigalke. [pp. 22-24] 'Researchers have discovered evidence of water beneath the surface of the Earth, as deep as 650 kilometers (404 miles). The vast amount of water beneath your feet is enough to fill oceans. The water, however, is not in liquid form (and thus unavailable as a reservoir); rather, it is trapped within underground materials.' (691)

6) "A Threefold Rest," by Norbert Lieth. [pp. 25-26] 'There is a threefold rest into which we are led by Jesus Christ.' 1. The rest of the soul. (Matthew 11:28-29); 2. The rest from our works. (Hebrews 4:10); and 3. The eternal rest at the Rapture. (2 Thessalonians 1:6-7). 'The Bible explains to us that we will enter into eternal rest at the return of Jesus for the resurrection and the Rapture, in order to be revealed with Him at His Second Coming. This is why the whole of creation longs for the revelation of the children of God.' (MR0412/514)

7) Pages 27-32 is the "World Focus" section in which selected world events from (in this July, 2014 issue) March to May, 2015, are printed, e.g., 'Robots Will Take 30% of Our Jobs by 2025, Experts Predict,' 'Has the Time Come to Abolish Cash?' and 'Jews Have Been "Mastermind" for 3,500 Years.' Most of these items are accompanied by advertisements for either books or articles that Midnight Call has available. (Books aren't free, naturally.)

8) Pages 33-37 "Fellow Laborers," are pleas to monetarily support Midnight Call Ministries, namely Midnight Call itself and "Action for Israel." (MC)

9) "What Remains is Joy," by Thomas Lieth. [pp. 38-39]. 'What does the ascension into heaven of the Lord Jesus have to do with our joy? Why could the disciples rejoice and gain courage when their Lord left them? A scriptural examination.' 'Joy is a fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22). This means that their joy was ultimately given them by God.' (MR0515/ 690)

10) "Letters to the Editor" 'answered by the Executive Editor, Arno Froese.' [pp. 40-41] Letters include questions such as the magazine's defense of selling books by John MacArthur, the effect of an April article about depression, and whether or not baptism is required for salvation. (MC)

11) The remaining six pages (including the back cover) are devoted to advertising items such as musical CD's, charts, and books that Midnight Call Ministry has for sale, especially those carrying a 60% discount in honor of Midnight Call Ministry's 60th Anniversary!

So, there you have what essentially is the July, 2015, issue of "Midnight Call" magazine. Please understand that WPE3BQL does not necessarily endorse or support absolutely everything in this magazine. My OP mentions some things which I may have issues with the magazine. OTOH, this is what the magazine is all about. If you want any contact info on it, please feel free to PM me, and I'll supply you with it.

(NOTE: In case you're wondering what those things were in parenthesis were at the end of each article, apparently they are some means by which Midnight Call identifies the article.)