1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mike Huckabee: Barack Obama is a Christian

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by KenH, May 29, 2008.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Do you think Obama is an evangelical?

I don't know that I would call him an evangelical, but I think he's certainly a Christian, he openly declares his Christian faith, and I think some Republicans who try to dismiss that are making a big mistake, and they'll be very naïve if they think they can just assume that all of the faith vote is going to automatically go Republican this year. It is not.

A lot if polls are showing that there are a number of evangelical white voters who are willing to go shopping this fall."

- www.huffingtonpost.com/will-mari/huckabee-on-the-next-repu_b_103556.html

2. Cutter

Cutter New Member

Yep, that proves he's a Christian alright! :sleeping_2:

3. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    This kind of response does not surprise me when it comes from a popular evangelical like Mike Huckabee. Popular evangelicalism long ago abandoned serious Biblical theology. They now follow the worldly teachings of James Dobson, Joel Osteen, and Rick Warren. They don't seriously question someone who claims to be a Christian yet holds to unBibilical doctrines or positions. This is part of the downgrade that Charles Spurgeon, and the Apostle Paul, warned us about. A person who believes that homosexuality is ok, when the Word of God clearly says it is an abomination, does not believe the Word of God. A person who believes murder is ok, when the Word of God clearly condemns murder, does not believe the Word of God. So please don't tell me that Obama is a true, born again, Christian. I don't believe he is (Rom 1:24-28, 32, 1Jn 3:4-10, 15, Rev 21:8, 27). When he attended church, he attended a heretical church with a racist pastor. Like George W. Bush, Obama's talk does not match his walk. He is not a Bible believing Christian. As Jesus Himself warned:

"Beware of false prophets...you will know them by their fruits" -Matt 7:15,16 (in part)

"Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the Kingdom of Heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter" -Matt 7:21

"Why do you call Me, 'Lord, Lord,' and do not do what I say?" -Lk 6:46

#3 Martin, May 30, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2008
  4. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    double post, sorry.

#4 Martin, May 30, 2008
  5. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    double post, sorry.

#5 Martin, May 30, 2008
  6. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Martin, you are way off base lumping Rick Warren and James Dobson in with Joel Osteen, and calling them "worldly". I would expect more from you.

7. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, that settles it.:rolleyes:

8. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

Amen brother, amen :thumbs:

9. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==Sorry, but I have made no secret of my views of James Dobson. This forum, of course, is not the time nor place to get into the details of why I am not a fan of James Dobson. Most of my reasons have to do with his actions during the late 90s.

10. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What's Huckabee's angle?

11. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

That's fine, but they have no business being in the same sentence as Joel Osteen. I don't think any true believer should be mentioned with him.