1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mike Huckabee: God’s Preferred Candidate?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by KenH, Dec 7, 2007.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. faithcontender

faithcontender New Member

What are you talking about? What is more better taking the credit for himself or giving credit to God and the prayers of his christian supporters?

He did not categorically said he is God's preferred candidate. He is just looking at it through the eyes of faith.

3. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX Active Member

4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    For the record, I have the same problem with athletes publicly thanking God that their team won a big game or won a championship. When they say such things they are de facto saying that God preferred their team over their opponent.

That is de facto what Huckabee was saying.

Now, Huckabee and athletes may not mean for it to sound that way, however, as Rush Limbaugh says, words mean things.

Huckabee had best start paying attention to what he says and how he says it or he will be chewed up one side and down the other before his campaign is over.

5. faithcontender

What happen then to the Word of God which says: "In everything give thanks..."

6. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    1. What's wrong with simply doing it privately?

2. We are referring to a competition here. If you receive a promotion at work, are you going to publicly proclaim "I thank God that I received this promotion" in the hearing of those you beat out for the promotion - which would mean that you would be saying to them, in essence, "God favored me over you"?

7. faithcontender

Then you mean, it's not right to thank God before the audience if you receive some award? It's also about competition. Who give you the right to censor other's right to speech? Do you know the heart of those who do this things so you can rightly judge?

#7 faithcontender, Dec 7, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2007
  8. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Huh? I have no power to censor anyone's speech.

Some friendly words of advice - politics is not for the faint hearted. It is rough and tumble, rock 'em sock 'em action. And I am mild in the way I approach politics compared to the way non-Christians play the game.

Also, I know how Mike Huckabee governed and how he acted better than you non-Arkansans. He was my governor, not yours.

But I'll give this Huckabee campaign a rest during this weekend and give you pro-Huckabee folks a chance to catch your collective breath on this board. :)

9. faithcontender

Ok then. Thanks for your time and God bless!!!! Take care!!!

10. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Thanking God is thanking God.

This does not declare any other statement.

I thank God for my wife and kids, too bad God rejected all those other women and chose her to be my bride. It doesn't work that way.

God DOES choose between men and women for HIS PURPOSES. The one who ends up President is the one God chose and therefore yes God rejected the others AT THIS TIME FOR PRESIDENT. Only one can be President. Nothing personal with God. He has a plan for all.

Maybe God chose the losing team to lose for a life lesson, maybe? So the loser should also give thanks to God.

God Bless! :thumbs:

11. faithcontender

Amen!! Couldn't say it more....