1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mike Huckabee's good showing in Iowa straw poll

Discussion in '2007 Archive' started by Steven2006, Aug 15, 2007.

1. Steven2006

Steven2006 New Member

I didn't see this mentioned, so thought I would post it. I haven't made up my mind for sure who I would like in 2008. But right now Mike Huckabee seems like a good choice, I am glad he did well. He is a former Baptist minister, and I believe he might take the strongest stand against abortion and also against homosexual marriage than any other candidate. Plus as far as I have read he seems real solid on most issues. I also like the strong convictions he showed voicing his beliefs in creation in one of the debates. It is early and I want to see more, but I hope he does well enough in order to stick around long enough to at least get some of his views made more public.

2. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX Active Member

Huckabee did quite well in his speech at Ames and I was impressed. But still I am leary of voting for him as our next President. When he became the Governor of Arkansas I thought we would be rid of the Good Ol' Boy system that the Democrats had in place for so long In Arkansas. Turns ourt he had his own Good Ol' boy network.

3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist