1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Military chaplains told to shy from Jesus

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Pastor_Bob, Dec 21, 2005.

1. emeraldctyangel

emeraldctyangel New Member

Daisy, pretty sure that is what the Navy has told him. They would be okay with his ministry if he stuck to one thing. He seems to take on the shotgun approach.

2. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

That's what happened for federal chaplains in the Civil War. It has some advantages, because it causes less entanglement with the first amendment.

3. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

"UPDATE: Later in the program, Klingenschmitt's Commanding Officer, Navy Chaplain Cpt. Holcomb, spoke on the Hannity show to say that Klingenschmitt's claims are false. Cpt. Holcomb further said that Lt. Klingenschmitt has not been told to eliminate the name of Jesus and that he is not in jeopardy of losing his job. "

If he continues to misrepresent Government policy, he will be in danger of more than just his job real soon.

web page

4. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Someone is a liar.

5. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Something just sounds odd about the whole thing.

Could the military be out to get the guy? Yes.

Does the military go out to get people often? No.

His record reads like he does not know 'how to' use the chain of command. I think he was not ready to make the switch between Air Force and Navy. He seems to have crossed several Captains (Colonels for the rest of us). Full-birds just don't get that riled up that often - or at least they didn't used to - except for a break down in the chain of command.

Just my opinion, but IMHO something sounds wierd. I will continue praying for him. If 'brass' is after him, he will need God and His protection.

6. Rev. Lowery

Rev. Lowery New Member

I was in the Us Army for 4 years and I have been to a few field services in my day. The chaplains are usually very conservative in those situations. It’s because they usually don’t know the religious background of the soldier. Most times there are more than 1 Chaplain in the field with your Battalion or Brigade. In there own place of worship they 99.99999% of the time go by there general doctrine of belief.

It’s a touchy subject they have a hard job.
    I praise our Christian Chaplains.

Rev. Jerry D. Lowery D.D.

7. emeraldctyangel

emeraldctyangel New Member

What do you think someone is lying about?

Anytime a service member gets press without being cleared via the Public Affairs officer...a full bird will get riled. Heck, we all get a little bent out of shape just because someone is taking a personal agenda and pushing it forward, which only causes problems for us all. We cant just think of ourselves. I didnt need boot camp to teach me that, I learned that in church.