1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Millenial Exclusion Pt 2

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Lacy Evans, Nov 3, 2004.

1. Lacy Evans

Lacy Evans New Member

The Doctrine of millenial exclusion has recently been hotly debated here on the BB.

To this I say a hearty AMEN!

To debate the doctrine properly I feel it is necessary to give what I believe are the precepts underlying the doctrine. The doctrine can be easily discredited by disproving any of the following precepts that the doctrine is bulit upon. Here are the precepts (I believe them all to be true) that will be touched upon and debated.

1) Pre-millenialism - The belief in a literal pre-millenial Judgment Seat of Christ and a literal Kingdom on Earth, ruled by Christ and his saints for a literal Millenium. After the 1000 year reign, the Great White Throne judgment occurs.

2) Eternal Security - The belief that a believer cannot lose his salvation, ever.

3) "Easy Believism" - This is the contemptuous name for the beloved doctrine of Salvation by faith alone plus nothing. I believe an unregenerate person can only respond in one way to affect/appropriate salvation. He must Believe that Christ's Blood is his atonement and full payment for all his sins. (John 3:16) He must only believe. Works cannot be expected before salvation and cannot be used as a test for "true" salvation. You are either saved or you are not. Works notwithstanding.

4) The chastening hand of God - M-Eists believe that a Christian is eternally born into the Family of God and therefore subject to (sometimes severe) chastening. This chastening cannot be found in scripture to be limited to this life. More often than not, deferred chasting at the JSOC is threatened.

Many M-Eists diverge as to the severity of the Judgment Seat chastening. However the distinguishing mark is that all believe that entrance into the Millenial Kingdom is conditional. It is a prize that must be won with holiness, works, obedience, mercy, and forgiveness, all worked in a saved individual, as he responds to the Holy Spirit dwelling within him.

5) The word salvation (And words like it) must be rightly divided by context. (Acts 27:31)6)

***6)Hell is in the heart of the earth and will be cast into the Lake of Fire (LOF) after the Great White Throne judgment.

***It is not necessary to defend the idea of a Christian's possibly being chastened in Hell to defend Millenial exclusion. Indeed, many MEists don't even believe that at all. (I do, and can defend it if someone wishes to go in that direction.) It is a very emotional subject and may need it's own thread after we prove that a Christian can be disqualified the Kingdom.

As to where to start, I ask that we start anywhere but Hell, [​IMG] since many MEists disagree here, and due to the volatile nature of past discussions. We can save it, or else devote a complete thread to it.

It would seem that on a Baptist Board, we could start with number 4, but I have found that the most hearty rejectors of the doctrine of Millenial Exclusion also disagree with 1,2,&3. I will pray and begin shortly with number 4.

Lacy Evans

2. michelle

michelle New Member

I would like to ask you Lacy, what does God say is the kingdom of God, and where does God say that a believer has not yet entered? What are the requirements that Jesus gave in order to enter in, or see the kingdom of God? Is the kingdom of God physical? or Spiritual? What saith the scriptures?

love in Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour,
    michelle

3. DeafPosttrib

DeafPosttrib New Member

Short solid question.

Please show us, where a very clear verse saying a unfaithful servant will suffering in hell for temporary?

In Christ
    Rev. 22:20 -Amen!

4. Lacy Evans

Lacy Evans New Member

5. Craigbythesea

Craigbythesea Active Member

I'm still praying. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Lacy Evans

Lacy Evans New Member

Pray for me, brother.

7. Craigbythesea

That's a good idea! [​IMG]

Why didn't I think of that? :confused:

:D

Let us each begin to pray for the others, if we are not already do that. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

Jim is echoing Craig.
    A very very good place to start is prayer.
    Before commenting, during commenting, and after commenting.
    In that spirit, I pray this will be a good discussion.
    In His service;
    Jim

9. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

Wow! How about that?
    We all agreed to pray before posting and POOF! no more comments.
    Strange.
    Did we all get distracted or perhaps God wants it to rest a bit.
    "Things that make you go...hmmmm!"
    In His service;
    Jim

10. Craigbythesea