1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Millionaire U.S. Rep. wins lottery again

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Ps104_33, Sep 8, 2007.

1. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

Why would someone worth $11.6 million bother to purchase lottery tickets? Just curious. I'm sure it all gets donated to charity.

MILWAUKEE - U.S. Rep. Jim Sensenbrenner, already a millionaire and heir to the Kimberly-Clark fortune, is on a lucky streak. The Republican hit it big in 1997 with a $250,000 jackpot in the District of Columbia lottery. Then, last spring, he won $1,000 prize in the Wisconsin lottery, and he won another $1,000 in that lottery last week.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070907/ap_on_fe_st/odd_lucky_congressman

2. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Don't you remember the 11th commandment of Reagan. Republicans do not speak ill of Republicans. Maybe you and the honorable US Represenative could meet and read poetry. I would stay away from the Republican senators if I were you.

3. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

Probably because of the same reason anyone else does... Because you can't win without one. :) I would guess it has more to do with winning rather than the money with people like him. The excitiment and chance to win is better than the payoff to him. At least that is my opinion.

Jamie