1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Miracles

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by El_Guero, Sep 25, 2005.

?
  1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Johnv

Johnv New Member

It can be a natural event, but it need not be a natural event.

Dunno. I wasn't there.
    Really? Can men make weather or earthquakes, planets or stars? All of these are naturally occurring, yet man can make none of them. You err by presuming that natural=man-doable.

2. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

So you still think that if Jesus had the water poured out and someone put wine in the barrels, it was a miracle? How was it a miracle? What's so great about that?

You err in saying you were not there so you don't know. You don't have to be there. We have God's word that turning water into wine was a miracle. The word miracle in the Bible means a supernatural act of God; it's something man cannot do. If it could be done naturally, why would doing such a thing show that Jesus was the Messiah?

3. Johnv

Johnv New Member

You KNOW that's not what I'm saying.

I dunno, I'm pretty sure I wasn't there.

Agreed. That's sufficient. How it happenned is immaterial. That God did it is.

No, it doesn't, it means a work of wonder done by God. It may indeed include the supernatural, but that is not a prerequisite. We're going to have to agree to disagree here.

Please know that I respect you and your view. I simply don't agree in this one instance.

You're falsely presuming that "not supernatural" means that "man can do it". That's just not so. Again, we're going to have to agree to disagree.
    The OT attributes "signs and wonders" to the Messiah. That's sufficient for me. What makes Jesus the Messiah? He died for my sins. That's likewise sufficient.