1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Miracles

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by saturneptune, Mar 18, 2012.

1. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Each gift of the Spirit could have a novel written about it alone. The point someone brought up in the related thread about God performing gifts vs we as saved children of God performing gifts is a fascinating subject, especially in relation to miracles. I have seen a miracle performed by the Lord through prayer by extending someone's life by several years. My question for this thread is, do you think that today, there are individuals who can perform miracles in the will of the Lord? I guess this would include healing, maybe influencing events for some type of good, etc. If you do believe this, is there any limit to what that person could do, (of course, what the Lord limits), but what about miracles in the Bible like controlling the elements or restoring physical life to a deceased person? I would be very skeptical, but was wondering if anyone thinks it is possible?

2. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

I doubt if any individual possesses the gift of healing today. While I believe God may heal in answer to prayer (I've seen it happen, too), the gift of healing is something different entirely.

If I have gift, I don't need to pray for God to heal. I can just do it. Every time. And no faith is required of the one whom I heal.

When God hears prayer for healing, he may say yes; he may say no; he may say not now. That doesn't mean we shouldn't pray for healing. Remember, the effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much. (James 5:16)

I know some righteous men and women in our church. If I'm sick, I want them to pray for me, for I believe God hears them. I'm sure SN agrees, since we serve the same church and know the same people.