1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MIS-CHARACTERIZATIONS OF MVs OR nonKJVOs?

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by rbrent, Jan 6, 2004.

1. paidagogos

paidagogos Active Member

I'm sure that they know that we are right—they just argue for the fun of it. [​IMG]

:D [​IMG] [​IMG]
    </font>[/QUOTE]No, it is just that your arguments are not persuasive. Your arguments are rather like evolutionary theory: If you accept the assumptions, then they are provable; if you do not accept the assumptions, they carry no brute force on their own. I really don’t believe your basic assumptions. So, forget the details. They really don’t mean anything until you can establish your basic assumptions. Do you know what your assumptions are? If not, then you perhaps need to rethink your whole theory after identifying what assumptions you have made. I seriously doubt if most of the guys spouting the superiority of the MV/eclectic text position can even define and support their basic premises. The usual MO is to spout some trivia and to crow how this is so superior and more intelligent than the KJVO side. Well, there are a lot of ignoramuses (Ruckman, et. al.) associated with the KJVO position but not everyone is a complete dunce. Why don't you boys do something useful and deal with the hard issues. Anyone can make Ruckman look foolish since he is so cooperative in being foolish.

Just please explain to a poor guy why your assumptions are true--that is if you know what your underlying assumptions are. Otherwise, you need to go back and read W-H.

2. Craigbythesea

Craigbythesea Active Member

Please post the data upon which you base the assumption. Oh, you have no data at all? Only groundless assumptions? :(

Thou hast assumptions, and I have data: shew me thy assumptions without thy data, and I will shew thee my assumptions by my data. [​IMG]

3. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    rbrent:

Are your postings original?

Or are they quotations from other works?

If so, what are the references?

4. rbrent

rbrent New Member

Hello rsr-

I gave references via hyperlink in the above posts.

I'm not a scholar of koine Greek - just an interested

Christian who loves but does not worship [​IMG]

his King James Bible - mine is a Cambridge I purchased at Rod Bell's Tabernacle Baptist Church Bookstore in Virginia Beach, VA back in the 80ies.

I bought several so as one wore out, I'd have a new one with all the verses in the same place on the page.

Makes it easier to find references that way.

5. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    rbrent, I apologize. I looked at the post that started:

and didn't think it was yours and there was no reference. I should have scrolled up; I assume this is a continuation of the previous quotation?

It was not my intent to disparage you, only to locate the proper source.

6. Craigbythesea

The important point here is that Cyprian is often deliberately quoted out of context on the Internet to prove a point that Cyprian knew nothing about. :(

7. paidagogos

paidagogos Active Member

Please post the data upon which you base the assumption. Oh, you have no data at all? Only groundless assumptions? :(

Thou hast assumptions, and I have data: shew me thy assumptions without thy data, and I will shew thee my assumptions by my data. [​IMG]
    </font>[/QUOTE]Read your own posts. Do you accept the concept of brute fact (data). Do you even understand what I talking about? If so, deal with it. Can you deal with the idea that data has no meaning without the proper paradigm for interpretation? Data without a paradigm is called noise. All I'm hearing is noise and more noise. BTW, you parody is horribly misplaced. Can you even define your basic premises? Can you support them? I think not since you have failed to do so up to this point. Perhaps you are out of your depth with pat answers. Go back and rethink you position from your basic assumptions and then we'll talk.

Adios! [​IMG]

8. Craigbythesea