1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Misfired email tipped off DC officials to IRS scandal in 2010, earlier than previousl

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Jun 7, 2013.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    WASHINGTON – A misfired email from an Internal Revenue Service employee in Ohio alerted officials in Washington that conservative groups were being targeted a full year earlier than previously acknowledged, Fox News confirms.

Transcripts from interviews held with IRS employees in Cincinnati show that managers in Washington knew about the heightened scrutiny put on Tea Party groups applying for tax-exempt status in July 2010.

The transcript, which was initially reviewed and reported by Reuters, apparently shows that Cincinnati IRS official Elizabeth Hofacre was in communication with D.C.-based IRS attorney Carter Hull. Hofacre was put in charge of handling tax-exempt status applications from conservative groups by her Cincinnati boss, she claims.

According to the report, Hofacre was asked to summarize her initial findings and send it via email to a small group of IRS workers, including a few in the D.C. tax-exempt unit. Mistakenly, she sent the email to everybody in the Washington IRS Exempt Organizations Rulings and Agreements unit.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...party-scandal-in-2010-not-2011/#ixzz2VYueTVnm

2. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So what? More conservative groups were approved than liberal groups. Frankly I do not think any such group be they liberal or conservative should be given a tax exempt status. Again you are too liberal in this area.

3. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We all know that it is ok with you if Obama abuses his power and conservatives are given special scrutiny. No surprises here. Bottom line is you are just a flat out hypocrite.

#3 Revmitchell, Jun 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2013
  4. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I really believe that "some" on this BB that would declare that he had always wanted to know how left-handers functioned, IF the ZERO declared by E.O. that everyone was to have their right hand chopped off!

Such blind dedication is astounding!:tear::tear::tear:

5. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Remember back not long ago when liberals were all about protecting civil liberties instead of being all about taking them away from their political opponents?

6. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh yea, remember it well. The patriot act and Bush were the devil. Now that Obama has taken what Bush did and expanded to unnecessary levels they are ok with it. Before ans searches were narrow. Now Obama just swings a broad net and pulls everyone in. Didn't help with the Boston bombing though did it.

7. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hmmm, so because more conservative groups have been approved than liberal groups by the IRS, Obama is abusing power. I guess you feel that more liberal groups should be approved seeing how you are taking liberal positions on a number of issues.

Do you believe any politically oriented group should receive a tax exempt status? I do not believe they should. I take a conservative stance on this one.

8. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hey bub, ignore facts all you want to. The IRS has both acknowledged abuses and have apologized all the while continuing them. You need to run for office for San Fransisco you would fit right in with Pelosi. Both of yall resemble bagdad bob.

"There are no American Troops in bagdad!" (sound of bombs and American troops in the background.)

9. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why not answer my question. Do you believe any politically oriented groups should be given a tax exempt status?

#9 Crabtownboy, Jun 7, 2013
  10. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

I never thought Bush was the devil. Working for the devil maybe but not the devil. The devil is in Watford UK at the annual Bilderberg conference working out the details the heads of state (like our beloved Obama) will carry out in their home countries over the next couple years.

I d0 remember how the neocons circled the wagons around Bush and acted just like Crabby does towards Obama.

Now look what we got for it, government gone wild. I told the neocons here back in those days that they didn't want to give all that power to Bush just so Hillary could get her hands on it but, at the time they had red white and blue stars in their eyes and didn't care about the bill of rights as much as marching off to a another needless war.

What ever happened to that huge anti war movement? Yeah they all went back to sleep after their war monger took office.

#10 poncho, Jun 7, 2013