1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Misinformation campaign.

Discussion in '2006 Archive' started by Bunyon, Dec 31, 2005.

1. Bunyon

Bunyon New Member

On another thread some accusations were made about the United States' current antiterrorism efforts and how we bore the marks of a fascist state. Several news links were provided at length. I stopped reading after the first because there was a editor's note saying the story had turned out to be false and there was a link to the updated story, which I will post below. Question: How much of the antigovernmental/anti-bush sentiments in the current debate about the war on terror are being fueled by liars who the media are too willing to believe without question? How much is based on misinformation?

http://www.southcoasttoday.com/daily/12-05/12-24-05/a01lo719.htm

2. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

SOURCE

One hoax proves everyone is a liar that is like, soooo ridiculous. :rolleyes:

Total Information Awareness and cointelpro, are these hoaxs also Bunyon? How about Watergate was that a hoax?

I suspect you stopped reading simply because you didn't want to get into the rest of the evidence that might prove the point I was trying to make.

[ December 31, 2005, 01:22 PM: Message edited by: poncho ]

3. Bunyon

Bunyon New Member

This is a different thread and not related to the other Poncho. But the other tread made me want to discuss this. In the correction, the reporter say the truth might have never been found out if the student had not admitted it. How about good journalism. How about secondary sources? How about asking the government if it is true or not. Getting two sides of the story.
    This thread is not about you or the other tread, really. I did read the other links but I'll go back over there to comment, and let this thread stick to the issue of this one report.

4. Rocko9

Rocko9 New Member

Question: How much of the antigovernmental/Pro-Bush sentiments in the current debate about the war on terror are being fueled by liars who the media are too willing to believe without question? How much is based on misinformation?

It goes both ways.And the question could be stated as --Who lies the most pro-Bushers or anti-Bushers.

5. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==Well I will give TEN TRUTHS about the current debate (or any political debate for that matter).

1. The news media is dishonest. It does not report "the news" rather it reports gossip.

2. The news media creates many of its stories and the public is dragged along.

3. The news media, when creating a story, twist the facts (or leave out facts) to fit the story they are telling.

4. News has become the modern soap opera. It is no longer about being informed, it is now all a game.

5. Most (not all) politicians (on both sides) are dishonest, hypocrites, and liars. They could care less about truth, honesty, love, or integrity.

6. Most politicians don't care about what is good for the country. Rather they simply care about getting the next vote.

7. It is for the most part all about money.

8. Alot of the anti-Bush stuff is on the same level as the anti-Clinton stuff. It is just coming from different mouths.

9. Many of the people who are horrified at what the media claims Bush is doing would NOT be horrified if Clinton, Gore, Kerry, Edwards, or Dean did it. Many of the people who support Bush WOULD be horrified if Clinton, Gore, Kerry, Edwards, or Dead did what Bush is doing. Again it boils down to one simple word: hypocrisy.

10. Most people who are being critical of Bush don't care about the facts (same with many of the critics of Clinton).

These ten truths are not what the politically active types wish to hear. Well that is just a shame. The truth will set you free from political activism! It is an utter and empty waste of time and energy. Why? See above.

Martin (a former political activism Christian who is now free from that humanistic bondage).

[​IMG]

6. emeraldctyangel

emeraldctyangel New Member

Martin, couldnt have said it better. Also agree 100% with Daisy.

I dont agree 100% with everything the current administration does, but then again, I didnt agree 100% with the last administration either. I was poxed by what some would have me believe was akin to a harmless mud wrestling contest by the last admin, after all I expected the President to be focused on important issues and not layering himself in personal muck. I feel this President is much more focused on issues that affect a great deal of Americans, and none of them are in the press.

I am far less interested in listening to a CNN desk barbie tell us her view of the world. I miss the news when they were more professional and less self promoting.

7. Bunyon

Bunyon New Member

If the media is equally biased, how do you explain that it is documented that they failed to fallow up on leads about Lewinsky. If you will recall, it was Matt Drugge, a then unknown internet blogger and reporter, who broke the news. The mainstream media did not report it until they were forced to.

8. Daisy

Daisy New Member

:confused: But I haven't said anything (yet)...

9. hillclimber

hillclimber New Member

Wow what a compliment to Daisy.

10. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

You are exactly correct Bunyon. This is a good topic and needs discussion, oh how it needs discussion. I apologize for jumping to the wrong conclusion. [​IMG]

I'd really like to see this topic get the treatment it deserves, I doubt it can be done if we all take sides though. Misinformation isn't a partisan issue imho.

11. Bunyon

Bunyon New Member

I don't think it is a partisan issue. A lot of it has to do with corporate ownership of the news. But I do think the media has a liberal bias, which I think will benefit the democrats and hurt the Republicans in a relative sense.

12. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

I couldn't agree more Bunyon! The media has a definite liberal bias I won't argue that, but why when most of the half dozen or so owners seem to be conservatives? I think it has more to do with dividing us (balkanization) into bickering groups that can be controlled easier. This is one of the oldest ploys of empire, to keep the barbarians from coming together.

13. standingfirminChrist

Regardless whether one story is a hoax, or all of them are hoaxes. We would do better to pray for our president and leaders than to put them down, no matter what they have done.

The Word of God tells us God sets up authorities and we are to lift the weak. If Bush, or any other leader is weak, ask God to strengthen him with Godly wisdom and judgment.

14. Bunyon

Bunyon New Member

"This is one of the oldest ploys of empire, to keep the barbarians from coming together."-------------------------------------------------------

Well if that is the case, it is working!

15. Bunyon

Bunyon New Member

My biggest porblem with the story is I think the reporter was to willing to tell it without real investigation. I mean the student said the agents were dressed like the movie "The Men in Black". That would be a tip off to me.

16. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

It will always work until we barbarians finally admit that we have been manipulated all down through history by the elite and their fearmongerers and propagandists.

17. emeraldctyangel

lol opps I meant Bunyon.

Must be the cold medication working on me. Shoot.

Well, at least the Men in Black didnt visit me. This week anyway. heheh

18. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

Barbarian work alone, thank you.

19. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Well, not so's you'd notice anyways. They could have done a "sneek and peek" without your knowledge, or a search warrant. [​IMG]

20. emeraldctyangel

And yet I still dont care...

Funny story though...
    After being basically disabled by our ridiculously slow servers, someone plugged in a personal laptop into our server a few weeks ago trying to see if it would work. Of course it didnt, and the person who did it, just turned it off, unplugged it and put it away. He decided to go to lunch.

Not five minutes after he departed the building (which I might add is a police station), 2 men showed up, flipping credentials around and looking for a 'rogue laptop'. They were wearing aloha shirts. Seemed to me all they were worried about is someone squeezing bandwidth.