1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Miss Universe Contest Truly Goes Trans-continental/gender?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Apr 3, 2012.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In case you were not aware of it, the prestigious Miss Universe Contest, being held in Canada, has its first trans gender contestant, and after all was said and done, she was allowed to continue.

The ruling was made because the contest was being held in Canada, and had it been held in America, she may have been tossed be off the runway on her derriere. Aye?.

The question is, for those of you who follow such things, as beauty contests, do you agree with the ruling to allow a surgically altered male enter and compete as a female (Especially if you have daughters, or grand kids or daughters of friends in such contests)?

And do you see this as being just another "sign of the times?" And was Canada right or wrong for making this exception?

SEE Story:http://edition.cnn.com/2012/04/03/world/americas/miss-universe-transgender-contestant/?hpt=hp_t3

#1 righteousdude2, Apr 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2012
  2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

What does her DNA say? That's what I'd go with.

3. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Amen! He is genetically male. This is one of those things that bugs me about the gay marriage debate. They want to redefine marriage after they redefine who is a man and woman based on how they feel. If this altered dude would get married it would be allowed.

4. jbh28

jbh28 Active Member

The Title should have read. "...contestant devastated by rules row, HE says"

5. Winman

Winman Active Member

"Open your bibles to the book of Chester."

6. 12strings

12strings Active Member

While this transgender thing is obviously a sign of the depravity of our times, I would like to suggest that so it the entire Miss Universe/Miss USA/Teen USA/ Pagent circut in general...and if all the parent's stopped putting their kids in these contests, That would be best for everyone.

7. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

You can describe this "shem" in two words

BOW WOW!!!!

:sleeping_2:

8. Oldtimer

Oldtimer New Member

Agree 100% :thumbsup:

Don't forget little girls made up to look like hookers at 6 & 7 years old. Cosmetic surgery being gone on them to correct "flaws" in their appearance. What's that teaching impressionable young girls everywhere? Teaching them to strut their stuff before they have any stuff to strut. :BangHead:

What does it tell us about the mother's of those children? :(

9. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

It is not a she. It is a he who has multilated his body to look like a female.

10. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Absolutely! :thumbs:

11. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

This is very unfortunate. This is like dressing up a pig to make it look like a dog for a dog show. The only different is that this man had to have surgery and now take hormones for the rest of his life to continue to portray this charade.

If this contest is about looks like a woman then I think a pig would be fine, but if it is about a real woman then this guy should not be allowed in the contest.

12. 12strings

12strings Active Member

I think he SHOULD be allowed to enter, so maybe people will see that the contest IS just about what looks like a woman, so the judges and viewers can ogle attractive women and make it seem like a noble, important competition.

I can tell you that through middle and high-school, and shortly into college, when I would sometimes watch these competitions (before I decided to stop watching them)... I was not watching because I valued the intellectual and cultural contributions of women...Nope, that was pretty far from my mind.

13. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

DNA can tell me if I am a boy or a girl???? Really----I didn't know that--learn something new today!!:saint:

14. wtyson

wtyson New Member

First...I have never even watched this sorry stuff but this just makes me sick...Even so come Lord Jesus!