1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Missing Verses -- What's the Big Deal?

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by aefting, Jun 29, 2003.

1. neal4christ

neal4christ New Member

Sorry, you expanded after I had already responded. [​IMG]

I am not saying Christ sinned. I don't think anyone here is saying that. You can throw out "If...then..." scenarios all you like, but that is not what happened. He did NOT sin. So why even worry or expect me to answer about possibilities when that did not happen?

And again, Adam and Eve were perfect humans. Unless you want to deny the completeness of God's creation. They sinned. Satan was a perfect creature. He rebelled and sinned. Appealing to perfection in created things does not deny the possibility of making a wrong choice.

In the Lord Jesus,
    Neal

2. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Dear Neal,

I don't want to go on with this discussion and wish to leave it here.

I have given you the passages of Scriptures I base my conclusion upon.

I will consider what you have said.

HankD

3. neal4christ

neal4christ New Member

No problem, Hank. I mean no hard feelings to you and hope you do not take it that way.

All Praise, Honor, and Glory Be to God Almighty!

Neal :cool:

4. Forever settled in heaven

Eccl 7:29 This only have I found:
    God made mankind upright,
    but men have gone in search of many schemes."

it seems that GOd made Adam n Eve even better than innocent--they were positively UPRIGHT morally! ;)

5. BrianT

BrianT New Member

One could even say that they were downright upright. [​IMG]

6. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks Neal,

I am glad this part of the thread ended on a relatively good note.

Unfortunately this is a doctrine (impeccability) which usually ends badly because on the one side we say If Christ could sin then He was not truely God, on the other hand we say If Christ could not sin then He was not truely man.

And we have had some bad endings here.

Well, "He knew no sin", He is truely God "come in the flesh" and He is truely man "born of a woman".

Personally, I am willing to leave it there.

Peace to all.
    HankD

7. C.S. Murphy

C.S. Murphy New Member

Harald I think it unbecoming a christian to call me a heretic and suggest that I am lost because I fail to believe as you do. And while I appreciate your efforts you never really explained away the Hebrews verse, and by the way it was taken from the KJV. As to your assumption that Christ could not possibly go against the will of the Father let's look at Matthew
    39 And he went a little further, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.
    42 He went away again the second time, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if this cup may not pass away from me, except I drink it, thy will be done.

Now notice His words "thy will be done" this tells us that the cross was the perfect will of the Father and I believe that anything less would be sinful.

51 And, behold, one of them which were with Jesus stretched out his hand, and drew his sword, and struck a servant of the high priest's, and smote off his ear.
    52 Then said Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword.
    53 Thinkest thou that I cannot now pray to my Father, and he shall presently give me more than twelve legions of angels?
    54 But how then shall the scriptures be fulfilled, that thus it must be?
    Matt 26:39-54 (KJV)

Is Jesus not here saying that if He so chose He could be delivered by angels, in vs 54 He reminds us that if He did so it would not be the Fathers will. In my view He is saying here that He has a choice. As I have said I don't appreciate being called a lost heretic but I will once again add that no matter what you call it my Saviour did not spend 33 years here on a mission that was not necessary. To claim that the scripture stating He was tempted is a lie is shameful.