1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mission trip to the Czech Republic

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests & Praise' started by rbell, Jul 3, 2008.

1. rbell

rbell Active Member

Hey gang,

I'm taking a crew of youth and adults to the Czech Republic next week to work with the Roma people (you may know them as Gypsies...that is actually a disparaging title).

We will be working in the industrial city of Ostrava, near the Polish border.

Pray for God's protection, blessing, and that the harvest will be plentiful, if you please.

Rbell

2. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

You, your group, and the Roma People are certainly in my prayers. I know a missionary in Krakow that works with the Roma people there.

3. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'll be praying for you. The Czech Republic is a beautiful country, enjoy the beauty. From my experience in Prague and Europe it seems the Roma are hated by everyone and that is so sad. They have been grossly discriminated against. It seems that they are blamed for everything. I have often said, "If a train runs over a chicken the Roma will be blamed."

Go with an open mind to learn as much as you can. Their culture is very different from ours here and their problems are very different than our here.

A missionary told me the following story:

An elderly Roma woman accepted Christ as her savior. She got up in church to testify and said, "I have been in all your houses when you were away. I have taken things from all of you. Now that I know Christ I realize that I can no longer steal from you and that I must give up stealing completely."

Ostava is not a city where tourists are found and that will mean prices will not be nearly as high at cafes and restaurants as in Prague. Have a wonderful time.

#3 Crabtownboy, Jul 4, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2008
  4. Born_in_Crewe

Born_in_Crewe Member

I wonder whether they allowed her to stay in the church?

5. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, they did. As time passed she was not the only Roma to join the church.

6. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

:praying: that you will have a wonderful mission trip.

7. rbell

rbell Active Member

Thanks to all for your prayers. We're excited about what God is going to do.