1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Missionaries: What is the most important thing...

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by NaasPreacher (C4K), Nov 7, 2005.

1. bapmom

bapmom New Member

Im afraid of getting in the way....to be brutally honest.

How do we do a visit without becoming a hindrance to your work?

Ive tried to go on a couple missions trips when I was younger and didn't have children yet, but they never worked out. I can't wait to be able to go myself!

2. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

When you plan a trip stay in touch with the missionary. If they don't want you to come, or feel like you would be in the way they should tell you.

Most of our visitors have been a great blessing.

3. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Amen! There was that rare exception, though :(

A lady wanted to give her grandson a high school graduation present. Since he was in karate, a trip to Japan was in the cards. I had to pick them up at the airport (3 hours away), pay the tolls and gas on the trip, keep them in our tiny 4 room Yokohama apt. (that got old to them fast), find a karate school in Tokyo for the kid to work out at, apologize to the unsuspecting Japanese office workers she offended, find a place for them to stay down in Tokyo, guide them by train to the above mentioned places. Missionaries are not tour guides.

Up here in Hokkaido we have a much bigger place for much cheaper. We recently had a wonderful visit from three ladies in a supporting church who truly wanted to know about our ministry. [​IMG]

4. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Yup, I agree. I like to show people our country, but...

5. MikeinGhana

MikeinGhana New Member

Missioinaries are ministers (servants) too. We all enjoy visitors and love seeing God work in their lives. It is a "lot" of extra work, but, in the long run very rewarding. Someone needs to tell groups that come over for a missions trip they need to cover "all" the expense they created for the missionary. If possib;e add a little for the needed vacation the wife and kids will need afterward. Amen?

I have some very good experiences with groups. Far more good than bad. I have little to complain about.

6. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Amen. We only had the one bad experience, but we have had people come (including both sets of parents) 6 other times with wonderful fellowship. [​IMG]