1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

"Missionary" to the Jewish people

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by BoRay, Oct 23, 2001.

1. BoRay

BoRay New Member

My wife and I are very much interested in GOING as a missionary couple to the Jewish people. We have Metro Boston area in mind.

Your thoughts are welcome.

2. Brother Adam

Brother Adam New Member

BoRay-

I noticed that no one has responded to you post yet. I wish I could help out but I don't know much in the way of missions to the Jewish people. There are several missions organizations you could check out though, I don't know which one is best so hopefully someone else will hop on the question. Sorry I could not be of more help!

UNP, Adam

3. DocCas

DocCas New Member

Why not just be a missionary to all the people in the metro Boston area? Why discriminate against those who are not Jewish? Doesn't the bible say "neither Jew nor Gentile . . . all one in Christ Jesus?"

4. Brother Adam

Brother Adam New Member

Perhaps God has called him to be a missionary spefically to the Jewish people.

UNP, Adam

5. preacher

preacher New Member

Also:Ro 1:16
    ¶ For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ:
    for it is the power of God unto salvation to
    every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and
    also to the Greek.
    ;)

6. Brother Adam

Brother Adam New Member

What is your post suppose to be implying preacher? No one has yet told me why God can't call a person to minister to a specific group of people. Again perhaps this person has been called to minister specifically to the Jewish people. Does that mean he would not also preach to any other people he could? No, but it is still possible to be called to a particular group, much like a missionary might be called to go to a Muslim country with the specific purpose of witnessing to Muslims. There is a lot to understand to witness to Muslims much like there is a lot understand about the Jewish faith to witness to Jews.

UNP, Adam

7. DocCas

DocCas New Member

Preacher, that verse is chronological, not commissional. It states a fact, that the gospel when first to the Jew, then to the Greek (gentile) world.

Today, we are to see no distinction between the Jew and the Gentile, but are to preach the gospel to every person regardless of nationality, ethicity, language, or place of residence.

8. preacher

preacher New Member

Actually, you both are right. One can be called to minister to a specific people, & still be a witness to all. My calling seems to be to those who sit in the pews, thinking everything all right when its not, but I am also called to be a witness to all the world.Ro 2:11
    For there is no respect of persons with God.
    But, the Jews still have a special place in the Heart of God for they are the wife of Jehovah.
    BoRay; I would suggest you try to get ahold of Gina on the board here. She's jewish & might be able to give you some insight as to what you're seeking.

9. the 'I AM' hath sent me

You can also go to
    www.jews-for-jesus.org/welcome.htm

This will help you in relating the jewish teachings to the Messiah Jesus. I don't know of any jewish around were I am from. I guess I am in the same situation. Called to be a missionary to the Catholics specifically Hispanics. But I Am a witness to all peoples of the Love of Christ. We are to be the witness to all the Lost. But there are many missionaries who say they have been called to such and such place/people, like Brazil to the native indian tribes, etc.

Bro. Cassidy, I would like to thank you for your Church's website. I stumbled on it and realized it was your Church's. I really enjoyed the literature on the Christian life.

God Bless you all, Kenneth

[ October 27, 2001: Message edited by: Bendecido por Dios ]

10. BibleBeliever

BibleBeliever New Member

This summer when I was on a mission trip in Montana..on an Indian reservation...I was faced with alot of things i wasn't aware of before in my christian walk...ok..not that that means a hill of beans to any of you guys..*smiles* but..I learned more about me about where my individual walk with my LORD was taking me...I know one thing before I wen on this mission..(it was my first) My life was so miserable..I had tried to find my own way... :( and of course like the ultimate friend JESUS is...*smiles* he showed me i could go HIS way...lol or I could go on and kill myself.....In the end I did what I was asked to do...and everything changed for me... just a little in site to my story

11. Brother Adam

Brother Adam New Member

Thank you for sharing that Biblebeliever! It is awesome that you are part of the Family and to hear what God has done in your life! And welcome aboard to the baptist Board family, glad to have you hear.

UNP, Adam

12. BibleBeliever

BibleBeliever New Member

Your welcome freefly432...I just think it's awesome to have a place to be able to come on and take a part in....:p

In HIS name

13. BoRay

BoRay New Member

Shalom and thanks to all for your thoughts
    on Jewish missions and our involment. We have much work to do before going to Metro Boston. We have a mission board in mind.
    We will need pray and dollar support. WE are all ready looking for a local church to work with to reach the Jewish people for their Messiah. At this time I do not know of any solid, Bible believeing church in that area. There may be some, I just don't know about them at this time.

Again, thanks and Shalom....Bo ray [​IMG]