1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Missionary Websites

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by mnw, Aug 11, 2006.

1. mnw

mnw New Member

To the pastors out there and missionaries... and mission's interested people... so I guess every one.

What do you expect to see on a missionary's website? In terms of those seeking support and on going information.

My website is quite comprehensive, but I want to make as much of it as possible and am helping other missionaries with theirs.

So, any ideas?

2. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

3. gekko

gekko New Member

hey - what's your website address?
    ---

what I would look for right away is what is happening at the here and now everywhere that the ministry is in play. prayer requests to go along with it.

that would be the first thing I would look for - seeing that - i look through it and see that you may have ministry in Ireland or elsewhere - I know that the front page isn't a list of where your ministry is - but it gets me interested - and so i would then look for a list of where the ministry takes place - and some details about them.

Next I would look for what the ministry believes in - and how they preach the gospel. If its a ministry solely preaching God's goodness - i'll go to the next site. the "Creed" is the most important part - but I dont think it should be on the front page. BUT - a missionary statement should be on the front page.

then if the ministry is legit - i'd look how to apply - when the dates are - etc.
    ---

in my opinion - that's what I would look for.

I love http://www.heartcrymissionary.com - their layout - where they present things - a welcome message. very nice - and i know that at least one of the preachers coming out of the ministry is preaching a sound gospel - and if the ministry has let him in - then i know more about the ministry already.
    ---

i hope this helps... ?

God bless.

4. mnw

mnw New Member

Thanks for the input.

El Guero, I'll see if I can add a link section specifically for Missionary websites and/or their blogs. Any missionaries out there want to have their site linked to?

I'll have a close look at those sites you mentioned Gekko. I think I have the areas you mentioned covered. Though, I just saw I lack a direct link to the church I pastor... I'll see about getting something on the front page also. My personal site is www.thewickens.info and my church site is www.faithbaptist.co.uk

I am still figuring out Joomla but it is getting there.

In my first post I stated
    That sounds a little produ, I should say, "I believe my website is quite comprehensive..." :)

I appreciate the input and welcome any more. :)