1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

missionism/ evangelism

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by amity, Mar 17, 2007.

1. Steven2006

Steven2006 New Member

I refuse to concede that there are not scriptures that address missions. But we can come back to that. For arguments sake assume that all scripture that might teach us anything to do with missions is talking about evangelism. Why do you still have a problem, if a local church wants to send a missionary to evangelize as we are instructed to do? If that is the venue that the church uses to follow God's will what is the problem? I just recently heard the statistic, that only approximately 3% of the worlds population considers themselves and followers of Christ. When taken into context of the billions of people in the world, the wheat is ripe for harvest. The local church is trying to respond to that call and evangelize. So if they choose to send out people better trained to evangelize in foreign lands, that should be exciting to all Christians. People are being saved, churches are being planted, ministers are being trained, praise God!

I really fail to understand were you are coming from. I am sorry that I do because I wish I understand so I could better answer you. It almost seems like if someone was evangelizing personally, you say fine. But if they were talking to someone in church, and telling them about the wonderful things God was doing through him, but mentioned that he wished he could afford the gas to the next town to do the same. Then someone said, brother here is a few dollars for gas so you can drive to the other town, keep up the good work, you then would have a problem with it.

We are told to sign hymns and praises to God. But the bible does not mention actual hymnals. Is it then not biblical and wrong to use hymnals in church? Do we need to just memorize them all? I don't see the difference in that to your argument. I mean it shouldn't be biblical to spend money on the hymnals with your reasoning, because it wasn't clearly specified in scripture. Even though that is the venue churches now use to sing and praise God.

Sorry for the rant, but I feel like you have been taught by somebody to focus on some narrow points, and have lost some reasoning, to see the real picture.