1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Missions: Billy Graham crusade

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by longshot, Jun 22, 2002.

1. LAWC

LAWC New Member

Billy Graham really influence my life to seek God and have a personal relationship with JesuS CHrist. He may not be perfect, but through him, God has worked in many lives

2. Chris Temple

Chris Temple New Member

I appreciate that abbeygal, but we are not speaking of pragmatism (I was converted by a church sign!) but of faithfulness to the word and the Lord by preaching correct doctrine.

3. Joy2U

Joy2U New Member

I went to a Billy Graham Crusade when I was young in the faith. I did not really help me grow. I think the man has been used by God. But I think he has compromised too much to the world, ex. the Roman Catholic Church. I do not wish him ill but I sure would not want to be in his shoes in front of the almighty God. He has given in too much in my opinion. But I am glad that God can and does use him anyways. [​IMG]

4. longshot

longshot New Member

Alright Chris, I've waited long enough for someone else to ask. What did that church sign say? :eek:

5. Chris Temple

Chris Temple New Member

Alright Chris, I've waited long enough for someone else to ask. What did that church sign say? :eek: [/QB]</font>[/QUOTE]"For unto you, is born this day, in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord" Luke 2:11 :D

If you'd like to read a sermon of mine containing my testimony, see
    The Call to Ministry

6. Robert J Hutton

Robert J Hutton New Member

Warm Christian greetings!

I don't agree with everything Billy has said or done but I will say one thing - his holiness of life has been a witness and a testimony to people the world over. Contrast that with some of the other well known evangelists or "televangelists" who have been caught in adultery or had some huge question mark over their lives.

I have heard it said that there have been occasions when he has insisted that his helpers check out a hotel room where he has been staying to make sure no-one has planted a woman there to make false allegations. This is the kind of moral integrity that so many "christian workers" lack. If we all had the same high standards of holiness as our brother Billy I believe we would make a greater impact on the watching world.

Kind regards

Robert J Hutton