1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Missions Forum: Unbelievers have no place in the Church!

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by CorpseNoMore, Jul 16, 2001.

1. CorpseNoMore

CorpseNoMore New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by firedome:
    This, I believe shows that they are lost. My question is, how did they become members? Is it possible that they have no idea of their depravity? This is the only delusion to which they subscribe.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because most Churches have a very low threshold for allowing one to join a local church. A simple profession, and your in.

C.H. Spurgeon would not allow any person in his church until they showed proper proofs of the fuits of The Spirit as laid out by God's Word in Galatians 5.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, well... as we know there are few that be that follow Spurgeon's model. Churches are run on a more business like manner now-a-days. We know from the study of American business, that one of the most critical elements in getting new consumers is effective marketing.

Thanks for the LINK, will give it a look when I have time. If you are familiar with Joseph Alleine's: "An Alarm to the Unconverted, then you know that this common theme runs through all the puritan writings like Richard Baxter & William Gurnall.

I have heard Al Martin refer to "James" before in a sermon, though I thought it was James Angell James, instead of John.

I am no Swindoll supporter, but I didn't think it was reasonable for you to lump him in with the TBN crowd.

cordially,

CorpseNoMore -- Luke 7:11-17

2. firedome

firedome New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>I have heard Al Martin refer to "James" before in a sermon, though I thought it was James Angell James, instead of John.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

John Angell James (1785-1859)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>I am no Swindoll supporter, but I didn't think it was reasonable for you to lump him in with the TBN crowd.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The lump that I included him in was not directly associated with any organization, nor did I associate him with their technique(s). He was included in a category of the ten most damaging preachers (my view). The association ends there. It is your prerogative to reason in any direction you wish, but I too hold the same prerogative. I exit this discussion with one piece of scripture, "A little leaven leaveneth the whole lump." Ga. 5:9

In Christ,
    Rodney (Lk.14:10-11)

3. CorpseNoMore

CorpseNoMore New Member

"A little leaven leaveneth the whole lump." Ga. 5:9<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who can escape having a little leaven? Let he that is without leaven cast the first doughball... :(

4. the 'I AM' hath sent me

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CorpseNoMore:

Who can escape having a little leaven? Let he that is without leaven cast the first doughball... :(
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

An apple pie straight in your eye :eek: :D

5. Bro. Lee

Bro. Lee New Member

May I just say that salvation is made avalible by the word of God and there is power in the word of God it does not matter if the person hears that word in the work place, home, football field or church the seed can be planted. I believe that we should see more people accept Christ outside the church praise God they are saved. Lets work till Jesus comes, outside and inside the church and praise God, praise God, praise God.

6. myreflection26

myreflection26 New Member

When Jesus walked on the earth he had disciples and apostles with him. Did they ever go out and bring people to Jesus to be saved? No, Jesus taught and trained them then they went out and preached the gospel and they led folks to Christ. The whole purpose for the church is not to bring unsaved in so they can get saved, but to teach the believers and train them so they can in turn go out and do what the pastor is doing. Consider it a training center, you get saved and go there and grow and learn and then you go out with the knowledge you have and win and spread the seed.

The pastor is expected to do so much that actually the responsibility lies on the memebers of the congregation to do. If a memeber of church is not able to simply win someone to Jesus and even disciple someone then either the pastor of the church is not doing his job or you are not paying attention or your just simply lazy about it.

Yes of course you will have unsaved come in the church, but I think most pastors deal with that without a hitch.

Sue

7. llsmith

llsmith New Member

I am new here and am very glad I found this sight. I am however having a hard time digesting this board. Are some saying that if you are not saved you should not go to church unless or until you are saved? I went to church and heard very strong preaching for about 3 mos. before I got saved. The word of God, and the love of the people there is what kept me going until I finally got so convivted about repenting and accepting the Lord, I went forward, yes an alter call, not a long one and not one just for "count" It was more humbling than an emotional experience to go in front of everyone and admit I am a sinner needing salvation. No I didn't stand up front and say Hey I am a sinner, but I'm sure they figured it out.

I have wittnessed to alot of people and one thing I hear them say is "after I quit drinking and smoking" then I'll go to church. That is the idea I am getting from some of the post. Any way, There are many who sit under preaching for years and are not saved. Some do eventually realize they are lost and get saved, some may not. The church has many functions and evangelism is one, actually it could be the main one. If people are not getting saved, they are heading for hell and the Lord says "I would rather not one perish, but that all repent" I can't really wittness to someone and not invite them to church? or do I need to tell them they can't come until they get saved?

8. preacher

preacher New Member

Welcome! As you can see we're a friendly bunch round' here. To answer part of your question,

9. EPH 1:4

EPH 1:4 New Member

The children of God are witness ACTS 1:8, and this has nothing to do with knocking on doors. Christ will and I repeat WILL save HIS people from their sins MATT 1:21. A goat will NEVER become a sheep, they can look like a sheep, smell like one, even talk like one but it won't happen, only lost sheep WILL one day be found and not a one will remain lost. There are a LOT of lost people in baptist churches today...it's a numbers game. Don't let them join.

10. Raulf7

Raulf7 New Member

No we dont want sinners in the Church do we?

11. preacher

preacher New Member

There are no sinners in the Church, but there are people who commit sins. Thats how our Father looks at it!!
    :D

[ August 30, 2001: Message edited by: preacher ]

12. Raulf7

Raulf7 New Member

Too many forget that because they are Christians, they still sin.

They look down there noses at sinners and forget that they are just saved sinners.

There are many people who profess to be Christians in a Church and look the part but have never been born again, you would have a hard time weeding them out because they look the part.

I say fill the Church up with non believers and let them here the message and give them a chance to be saved

13. EPH 1:4

EPH 1:4 New Member

I say fill the Church up with non believers and let them here the message and give them a chance to be saved[/QB][/QUOTE]
    Read MATTHEW 1:21
    MATTHEW 1:21

14. the 'I AM' hath sent me

Statistics show that if you invite lost people to the church 90% that say they will come, will never come. That is why it is so important to give them the gospel were they are. Can I get an Amen?

Kenneth

15. llsmith

llsmith New Member

Yes, only about 90% of ionvited people actually ever show up. So it is very important to give the gospel. Actually when I wittness, I try to wait until I give the gospel before inviting them it just depends on the conversation, but I have many opportunities to invite children and in talking to parents i can use the childrens programs to encourage them to come.

16. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am sorry to rain on this parade. Due to the nature of this board, I am closeing threads that grow to three pages. Not because the remarks are not interesting, but because the newest remarks get buried on the third+ page.
    Keep up the good work folks,
    Keith :D