1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MLK's niece: 'Abortion a racist, genocidal act'

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, Feb 29, 2008.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The niece of Martin Luther King, Jr., has used an appearance at a Black History Month event in Washington, DC, to reject the claim that her famous uncle supported abortion rights for women.

Dr. Alveda King says although her uncle -- the late civil rights leader Martin Luther King, Jr. -- accepted an award from Planned Parenthood in 1966, the abortion group had a "hidden agenda" at the time. "I don't want anybody to be confused by thinking that Dr. King could condone the violent death of the little babies, and the violent consequences that women suffer," King clarifies. "I'm post-abortive myself. I've suffered ... and it was a secret in my family for too long. And so now we’re here today to speak out on behalf of those who cannot speak for themselves. Abortion is a racist, genocidal act."

http://www.onenewsnow.com/Culture/Default.aspx?id=68669

2. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

I think that she is on to the truth here and we need to pray that her voice is heard throughout this generation. All women that have gone through this need to speak of their own suffering so that more women will understand the suffering that they will put themselves through.

Thanks for the link.