1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MMF - Contemporary/band vs hymns/piano in worship service.

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by Molly, Feb 26, 2002.

1. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

Daniel,

I agree.

My problem has never been whether or not music is good or bad and I really don't care what kind of music anyone listens to (from a moral standpoint, anyway - I'm always interested in discussing music as an artform).

What I've always questioned is the standards by which we decide what is good or bad.

I've always argued that God is more concerned with the condition of our hearts than the music we listen to.

I've gotten too caught up in petty arguments because somebody condemned something that I liked and, frankly, it became no longer a matter of right or wrong, but a matter of pride on my part.

Daniel, a long time ago you and I had some heated but eventually beneficial (dare I say enjoyable?) PM's in which I promised you that I would try to not get caught up in petty bickering for the sake of proving a point.

I sorry I didn't keep my promise, but I will try again.

You know that I like to quote St Augustine in saying, "In essentials, unity. In non-essentials, liberty. In all things, charity".

I guess I forgot to walk my talk.

Mike

[ April 08, 2002, 12:31 AM: Message edited by: Smoke_Eater ]

2. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This thread has been beaten to death. Time to close.