1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Model Railways anyone?

Discussion in 'Travel Forum' started by Ben W, Aug 24, 2003.

1. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

I have been into Trains and Model Railways for a long time, I am working on building my first layout of track at present. Yet for something a little different I am looking at making one that is all trams.

My idea is to try and power the trams through overhead cable like with real tramways.

Any other model Railway Enthusiasts in here?

2. John Degnan

John Degnan New Member

Hello, and yes, there is at least one person more out here who is into Model Railroading. I've been into trains since before I knew how to walk. Have a look at my web site if you don't believe me :

www.trainweb.org/seaboard/welcome.htm

I think you'll like it.

Bro. John
    [email protected]
    New Hope Baptist Church
    Independent Fundamental Baptist Church
    Bloomingdale, GA

3. swordsman

swordsman New Member

Hey! I have heard of you somewhere before!!!
    Aren't you one of those KJVO'S from down Savannah way?
    Welcome to the board brother [​IMG]

Word to the wise, watch out in the version section of this board, KJVO'S are not welcome.
    Take care my friend, :D
    Swordsman

4. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

Hey Ben,

I guess that I have "railroad" in my blood. Both of my grandfathers were railroad men. My mom's dad was an engineer (you know he drove the train). Also, my dad and his younger brother both retired from the railroad in my home town.

I had a pretty good sized HO model railroad when I was a kid. It is all packed away at my parent's house now. Perhaps one day (after I get out of seminary) I'll break it out and get back into the hobby.

5. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

Gidday John welcome to the Baptist Boards, I really liked your webpage, you seem to definatley be a Train Buff [​IMG]

Bibleboy, I think that you would find it an excellent hobby to give you a break form your studies, and just think of all the extra stuff you can do now. [​IMG]

6. John Degnan

John Degnan New Member

Now brother, don't you know that "when all men shall think well of you," you better start checking to make sure you're still in the will of God? So their rejection of me (or anyone) because of my KJVO status only proves to me I'm doing something right. Besides, I don't need the acceptance of man 'cause I already have the acceptance of Jesus. :cool:

Bro. John

7. micahaaron

micahaaron New Member

Hello,
    I like trains too.
    Right now in train photography. Posted a few here. http://www.railpictures.net/

Later on in my life, I want to build a train set for my kids. I used to have a set myself when I was a kid.

MA

8. BoRay

BoRay New Member

N scale trains is my thing....mainly because of space. I run the "ChatterBox Rail Road round and round one room in the house. I have some Ho stuff, O gauge too and a Gscale that I run outside at times. Having a good time being a "Big Time Railroad Tycoon".....when I have the time to play !!!!!!!!!! :cool: