1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Moderating not Editorializing

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Baptist_Pastor/Theologian, Aug 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Amen to Tony and McDirector, thanks for standing up to this guy.

2. Bro Tony

Bro Tony New Member

You really are a piece of work. You try to correct others for what you do. You state that the going to a brother in private only refers to church polity, then you use 1 Timothy 5 to attempt to correct an elder who is not a part of your church. And you have not had 2 or 3 witnesses to speak of how the elder has done wrong. Seems clear someone needs to work on their theology, or at least take it out of their name.

As for not receiving counsel from mc or others and not feeling you need to, that just show a stubborn unteachable attitude. There is no need for you to act like you have any authority on this board or in the lives of others here so you may keep your warnings to those you shepherd. Because as you can, we also are able to claim the priesthood of the believer.

Bro Tony

3. Baptist_Pastor/Theologian

The strongest personalities usually win arguments. The only thing is that I am not persuaded as of yet by the content of your argument. You seem to want me to adhere to your ethic with out a case for why your view is better than my own. I have never claimed to be elected by all who post here, I just want to hear from all who post here and I want to give the moderators a chance to establish a position as to what they view as an appropriate balance between editing and moderating.

If I am alone in my endeavor to gain more integrity for the process, then here I stand ready to make my case. But please do not attempt to silence me. That is what I found to be wanting in the first place. Why must we silence those with whom we do not agree? Why must me go along to get along? I am personally not afraid to hold a minor view, but the minority view must be heard.

4. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

It is not a view. It is pure meanness.

5. Bro Tony

Bro Tony New Member

No one here is trying to silence you. What you are asking for is what we are asking you to use, have some integrity in dealing with a brother in private first then if he wont hear there are administrators that you can contact. We are not trying to silence you we are trying to say we disagree with you. We are not afraid of your view, you put it out there and we will deal with it. You don't agree with me, fine, but as with you I will share.

Bro Tony

6. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

I don't see anyone attempt to silence you. You could have phrased your original post in multiple ways without finger pointing and discussion about moderating in general might have ensued.

What I do see are fellow believers asking you to take the high road here and do what is right.

7. Baptist_Pastor/Theologian

And yet I have a higher calling that I must ultimately be true to. I am not unappreciative for your advice, but I am seriously persuaded to offer an honest exchange before I ultimately conclude that the problem is systemic to BB. I am giving BB the benefit of the doubt. I have through experience made up my mind that rsr is a rouge moderator.

Criticism is not bad, but antagonism is destructive. I do not view my role here as that of an antagonist but as that of heralding pleading for moderation in the way we handle the delicate task of overseeing these theological discussions.

I personal have put some of my heart and soul into this board in the brief time I have been here. I do not think the role of moderator is to micromanage a thread but more so as one who is a catalyst for frank yet fair discussion without crossing the line. When those who are guilty cross the line, then either deal with them individually by removing their comments entirely or close the thread altogether. I do not prefer that the entire thread be closed unless there is an outbreak of epidemic proportions, which would be the result of the majority of the posters resorting to personal attack and without an attempt to resolve the matters. In the case where there is an attempt to resolve differences or if the attacks are one sided or there is a lone vitriolic poster then the thread should not be closed. However if an individual is wrong in posting, then remove his entire post and let him reapproach the subject with a better attitude. However, to edit 90% of a post and leave it without the option to edit the post after it has been adjusted is not intellectually fair or just.

#27 Baptist_Pastor/Theologian, Aug 19, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2006
  8. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Did you say rogue moderator?? :laugh: What is the old saying, the pot calling the kettle black.

9. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Amen to that, sis.

10. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Tell ya what we'll do!!!! We'll slam on brakes right here and let you go PM rsr and you and him hash it out like good Cowboys and Indians. Keep your personal distractions off the board!!

Bro. David

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.