1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Moderators and editing

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Pete Richert, May 20, 2004.

1. Pete Richert

Pete Richert New Member

I know that I have brought this up before, but could we please just have the moderators edit out any KJVO comments made on threads not dealing with the issue. John 1:1 thread is a perfect example of a thread where we could all be more productive if it stayed on topic.

2. TWade

TWade New Member

Then you're asking them to wipe out the entire Versions Forum!

3. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree and should have done that, Pete. Instead I simply commented on NOT making it a KJV issue. Sadly, we have some who will make every thread into such.

I will take your suggestion to heart and be more pro-active in cutting out KJVO comments (from either side of the issue) if it is a rabbit-trail off an important subject.

4. skanwmatos

skanwmatos New Member

Uh, this is called the "Bible Versions/Translations" forum. What's the beef? If Pete Richert wants to discuss something else perhaps a different forum would be more suitable.

5. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    But at the same time, EVERY thread does not have to degenerate into the same-old same-old kjvo debate.

BTW, I simply edited out the material not pertinent to the subject in the John 1:1 thread. Excellent thread on defending our translations (all of them) from the error of Jehovah's Witness teaching.

Blessed my heart again to read the wealth of good information presented . . before the slide into the kjvo mudslinging.

6. michelle

michelle New Member

I would just like to apologize for being partly responsible for hijacking (not intentionally) the thread of John 1.1. I in no way meant to do that, and I am sorry if it got out of hand. Sometimes it is easy to forget what thread you are on when responding to others questions or comments. I would just like to note, that it was not only my fault, but many on the mv side as well. It was not a KJVO (to which I am not) "mudslingering" as was accused Dr. Bob. This is your biased opinion.

Anyway, I will try to be more cautious, and just wanted to apologize and let you know.

love in Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour,
    michelle

7. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    michelle - I did not say it was the KJVO's who did the mudslinging. As with the earlier post (look up a couple of notches) I am stopping the mudslinging on the subject of kjvo from BOTH SIDES.

I am strongly biased (as everyone knows), but this actually was one of the times when I wasn't!! I want translation issues like Jn 1:1 to be free from mud - from any direction. [​IMG]

8. michelle

michelle New Member

Dr. Bob,

Thanks for clearing up my misunderstanding on your comment [​IMG] , and I also apologize for misunderstanding you (your comment - even though you are biased, and this is probably why I misunderstood ;) ).

I understand and will try my very best to be more aware of the topic/title of the threads and post accordingly and appropriately. [​IMG]

Love in Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour,
    michelle

9. Pete Richert

Pete Richert New Member

Perhaps I am along on this, but I can think of about 200 topics off the top of my head that deal with translation and Bible version issues that do not deal with whether the KJV is the only Word of God. The thread on John 1:1 is a perfect example if you would like to read it.

10. skanwmatos

skanwmatos New Member

You read it. I already posted a response to the question. [​IMG]