1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Modern Worship and the Goatee

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Aaron, Jan 11, 2006.

1. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, that's an extreme form, but it qualifies! [​IMG] Exhibitionism is acting in a way that draws attention to one's self.

2. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It doesn't take much to amaze you, does it?

3. PamelaK

PamelaK New Member

Worldly music is coming in through the back door. Look out! :cool: </font>[/QUOTE]Aaron, I don't think so. It has been been made plain that this brother is in submission to (and in agreement with) the Pastor in the areas of youth and music. He is simply taking a bit of the load off the Pastor for a while. But thanks for the warning. :rolleyes:

4. USN2Pulpit

USN2Pulpit New Member

Come on...the comment was plainly "tounge-in-cheek!" Aaron, people are so used to your harsh critique, they can't tell when you're just goofin' on them.

5. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

You know, i did a teaching series last summer on cults and found that all of the main characters in the formation of wicca had goatees...and i thought they were give us goatee wearing guys a bad name, lol!

Well, i do have a goatee, mainly to hid my extra chin. And although the church i pastor is more of a blended worship style...my preference is for contemporary.

Do i think one had something to do with the other? No, not really.

I just love to worship God, and i think the goatee is pretty cool (plus it aggrivates my wife to no end sometimes, that's a bonus! LOL!)

6. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But I used the "cool" graemlin. [​IMG]

7. USN2Pulpit

USN2Pulpit New Member

Yes, but the cool gremlin had dark sunglasses - a plain reference to the rock & roll and drug culture. Shame on you!

8. tenor

tenor New Member

9. mnw

mnw New Member

Not to go off topic, but, the change from the singing of psalms to what Isaac Watts introduced is nothing compared to the change we have seen in the last 25 years.

Back to the goatees... I had one over Christmas and people thought it made me look older and some did treat me differently.

MNW

10. Ulsterman

Ulsterman New Member

MNW with a goatee looks like this:

[​IMG]

11. mnw

mnw New Member

Oh Ulsterman, that was harsh. And I thought you were my friend! :(

[​IMG]

12. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

I have worn my goatee for about three years now - I have worn my moustache for about 25 years, and have had a full beard now and then.

My facial hair does not seem to have any impact on my worship style.

13. Salamander

Salamander New Member

The goatee is probably as old, or older, than Christanity itself. If someone wants to cast a pharasaical judgement upon someone else because of the hair on their chin, let them do so publicly, so that others may see their unrighteousness. </font>[/QUOTE]Why? Are you promoting unrighteousness and judgement?

Percetage-wise, there are two men in our church that have goatees, both listen to "FISH", a local CCM radio station in our area, so to characterise the facial hair to modern "worship", percetage-wise, is correct.

14. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Amusing Sal,

If I went to your church with my goatee it would change to 66% of goatee wearers listen to FISH. I don't like or listen to CCM.

Talk about the classic hasty generalisation.

15. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

I'm sorry, but 2 men in your church does not make this statement correct.

16. NaasPreacher (C4K)

17. Salamander

Salamander New Member

I'm sorry, but 2 men in your church does not make this statement correct. </font>[/QUOTE]Yes it does, in our church, it does.

One is fairly young, the other has four children that cannot behave for the lack of discipline from their parents.

Do we condemn them? No. We just keep on living as God would have us before them, hoping they, too, will see the light .

You do understand, that even the world is effected by your walk with God? Not just congratulated or condemned by the "brethren"

18. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

In your church is the key here. It still does not make it correct in general across the board.

19. NaasPreacher (C4K)

So you contend that one's walk with God is determined by facial hair?

20. Salamander

Salamander New Member

S'ok, we're not trying to proselytise anyone. But maybe you should join our church? Our pastor stands firmly on the King James Bible, his wife doesn't wear pants, (wants to be looked at by everyone as a lady, and should as the pastor's wife setting the example for the younger ladies), doesn't have a goatee, ( neiter does our pastor, thank God!)

I only gave example, not a characterisation, the evidence still holds true in our church, so why so judgemental all of a sudden?