1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Modesty in Medical Settings

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Biblical Modesty, May 8, 2019.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I googled the site. It was ridiculous.

For example, the complaint that one has to be naked under the hospital gown during surgery. There's a reason for that. Good grief, your own clothes are not sterile. Dog/cat hair, bacteria, ….. who knows.

As far as your claims of violence, they are difficult to believe. I am NEVER alone with a male doctor. A female nurse is always there.....even with my dentist!

I really thing sites like these and possibly your own posts are from trolls.

2. Ron Ellington

Ron Ellington New Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    In the links section there is a news report on a doctor convicted of sexual assault on a girl. The account was given in court under oath by the chaperone who said after 20 minutes of a digital exam she questioned the doctor. He said he was just being careful, and she was ok with that. I did a check on the first 10 stories I read, archive search on the reporting station and found all them listed in their respective files. That's good enough for me.

3. JamesW

JamesW New Member

Faith:
    Baptist

4. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Had a kidney stone some time ago. Female nurse put in a catheter to relieve the pressure. I thanked God for the pain relief. Never thought to be embarrassed or that I, or her, had done something biblically inappropriate.

I have a female doctor whom I respect and trust. I have a history of skin cancer. Once a year I get the full body examine where she looks everywhere for trouble spots. Especially the spots I cant see. I also get the prostate finger. Never think to be embarrassed or that I, or she, has done something biblically inappropriate. She is a professional and I am thankful for her.

Biblical modesty is an important issue. Sexual abuse is an important issue. I don’t see a widespread connection to the medical profession.

Be convinced in your own mind and act accordingly. I am.

peace to you

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    personally i dont want a male doctor making certain determinations - ya in have a phobia...

6. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    a banned member (Steve Anderson) says its a sin to have an opposite gender doctor

7. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    yes 1 more evidence that i am sinner.

8. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, I am willing to be convinced from scripture, not opinion. Haven’t seen anything yet.

Peace to you

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Scott Downey

Scott Downey Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Well now. I don't suppose many of you have been in an operating room or surgical prep. Decades ago I had a ruptured disc. And they had to shave my backside and a young women does that. I went in with my undies on but of course that is required to be removed. It was hard to bear my nerve pain laying like that and she asked if I needed help turning over but I said no. Then I flipped myself with no help. I did not want any extra exposure. I also worked in hospital 20 years and on the operating table setup and it is all there to see. When patients are in pain, naked issues don't affect you as much as you might think. And they knock you out fast, you are aware of nothing.

10. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hehe especially when they are in labor pain.

11. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I well remember my 1st kidney stone! Was in college, late 50s, & woke up Sunday bout 4am with a nagging "uneasy" feeling in my lower back. Not real bad, just couldn't get comfortable with it. It began to hurt about 30 minute later and seemed to be moving. By about 6am, I was in mortal pain & drove myself to the college infirmary. A sweet little nurse was on duty & after questioning me she called the Dr & he apparently figured it out & ordered a shot. She told me to drop my pants & underwear, which I did with ABSOLUTELY NO hesitation or embarrassment cause my thoughts at that time was PAIN RELIEF!!! Don't know what that shot was, but IIRC, I had bout enough time to get my self re-covered & was OUT!!
    Have had many nurses (female) shave for operation prep, insert/withdraw catheters etc., with NO embarrassment or sexual stimulation. In fact, again IIRC, my wife was there on scene each & every time.
    So, is it un-biblical to see partial/full nudity in a medical setting?? IMHO, NO!!!! Just like anything else, this situation CAN be abused, but just the fact of seeing nudity in a medical setting is not wrong!

12. evenifigoalone

evenifigoalone Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The things you come across on this board.

Anyways. I'm personally not comfortable with anyone looking at my genitals.....even if they are the same sex. (But then.....I'm attracted to both sexes. So......d'oh. What am I to do.) When I was offered a pelvic screening exam at age 16 by a female doctor, I refused and they let me refuse.
    I actually haven't had the opportunity since then to have the same thing done in the 11 years since. I went to an OB/GYN for a while, but insurance ran out before we got far. I suppose if I were to be in the position to have a pelvic exam again, I would grin and bear it.

My poor stepfather had his modesty thrown out the window when he became disabled.....imagine being bedridden, and having to have a urinary catheter up your......you get the idea. And then having surgery to rewire your intestines so that you can have bowel movements without messing up the bed....oh noes they gotta look at your butt. None of those were something my mother could do for him, yanno? Specially not the surgery. My mom did help with the catheter when we were caring for him at home, but even then we had to have nurses over for that.

I think just about anyone who works in the medical field could tell you that examining a nakey patient is anything but sexy.

13. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    Resurrected thread should have been allowed to die. It is now closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.