1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Moisture or Miracle?

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by MikeS, Jul 2, 2003.

1. A_Christian

A_Christian New Member

So GOD makes pictures but couldn't have brought the FLOOD. I believe GOD gave man an imagination.
    I believe that is what is a work here and nothing
    more.

2. Yelsew

Yelsew Guest

Even I can use that which God created to deceive. If I can USE God's creation, then how much more Satan, a powerful former Angel of Light

3. Stephen III

Stephen III New Member

God creates, man interprets (or at least tries) by the way, I missed the part about God not creating the flood. I'd say that God, again working through nature, could indeed create the flood. (sorry you may have lost me there A C) I'm also not saying that God did create this image with an expressed purpose. I'm more discussing the possibility as to why in a positive Christian perspective-like way this image could have been created.

Yelsew,
    No argument there, but where do you see anything manipulated to deceive? If the message is ultimately a pro-life message, which is how I've viewed it, how is that against God? I don't beleive I've seen anyone attributing miraculous cures or events to the naturally occuring image, or did I miss something?
    To me the whole thing is what an individual chooses to make of it. No different than when a football fan wears a Dan Marino #13 jersey, to some it may evoke memories of the football prowess of Dan the Man, but I seriously doubt anyone would think that the wearer of the jersey is viewed in any remarkable way in regards to playing the game.
    Thanks
    Steve

4. Yelsew

Yelsew Guest

If I wore Dan's #13 jersey, people would accuse me of hiding the ball inside the jersey.

The point I've made is that there is some "natural" explanation for what appears to be a likeness of an artwork masterpiece done by an ancient master artist. No one living today knows what Mary, the Mother of Jesus, looks like. And no one in the second century church knew what she looked like either. That image in the window, which does not reveal facial features cannot in any way distinguish one Jewish woman from another or any Arab woman from another for that matter. So to assign some spiritual connotation to that image is pure foolishness.

I do not believe that God reveals His messages to man in that manner. But Satan can certainly use such a device to stir up those who are predisposed to Maryolatry.