1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Molinist Evolutionary Theory

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by humblethinker, Feb 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    More personal attacks, but no content.

Molinism has been shown to be unbiblical and illogical.

1) The Bible says things happen by chance. If God actualizes a possible chance event so that His desired outcome occurs, the outcome has been predetermined, necessitated, and compelled.

2) If the circumstance or circumstances that occurred to cause us to either deny Christ or put our wholehearted faith in Christ, were actualized by God, then our choice would be a "non-choice."

3) Molinism fails to resolve logically or biblically the conflict between exhaustive determinism (God causes directly or indirectly whosoever comes to pass) and human autonomous choice.
    a) If our choices are limited to those that lead to death because of our fallen nature, we experienced a "non-choice."
    b) If our choices are limited to those that lead to death because God actualized the circumstance where we, based on our nature and nurture are known to choose death, we experience a "non-choice.​

4) First, lets define the Sovereignty of God as God causes or allows whatsoever comes to pass. Therefore He does not actualize all circumstances such that all outcomes are predestined, necessitated and compelled.

BTW, I see where post #54 was posted by Benjamin, not IR. My bad, I was out to lunch saying IR had denied Molinism, it was Benjamin.

#61 Van, Feb 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2014
  2. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I did not realize "grounding objection" was a technical term for the most popular published issue with Molinism. My specific objections did not spring from philosophy, but from my understanding of the reality presented in scripture.

Things happen by chance, which cannot include prearranged circumstances required to achieve a certain outcome, and we make choices, not non-choices.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.