1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Molly Marshall named president at Central Baptist Seminary

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by go2church, Nov 17, 2004.

1. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wee-uh. Good thing I checked the link, I almost fainted when I read your post.

The Central Baptist Seminary in this article is the ABC affiliated school in Kansas City, Kansas. It is not the CBS in Minnesota.

3. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

Central Seminary, founded in 1901, is affiliated with the American Baptist Churches U.S.A. and the Cooperative Baptist Fellowship.

Aren't these the liberal branches of the Baptist church?

4. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeupers, but the Minnesota school is on the other side of the playing field.

5. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Northwestern Schools included a seminary started by fundamentalist giant W.B.Riley. Upon his death his schools were given to Billy Graham, who ran them into the ground, closing the seminary!

RV Clearwaters, pastor of another large ifb church in Minneapolis, organized Central Baptist Theology Seminary in 1954 to fill the void. It is a great school, stalwart of the faith, and training men for ministry.

Central is NOT associated (and never has been) with the ultra-liberal ABC or the liberal fringe of the SBC in the CBF.

I was just there for a conference last month. Dr. Bauder, the new President at THE Central Baptist Seminary, is all man! I think he could hold his own against Molly in arm wrestling . . :rolleyes: