1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mom-Daughter problme

Discussion in 'Pastoral Ministries' started by Salty, Jan 16, 2016.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    On my FB page, I found this post ( who is a personal friend of min)

I love my Mom to the moon & back! But when I call her & she turns that call into bashing my Daddy it me off to no end! NO he wasn't perfect (who is) I cherish my fathers memory & who he was to me!! Mom is so stubborn & stuck in her ways! I can't even confront her without being accused of "Taking Sides" Uggghhhhhhh

Note: He dad died several years ago.
    Part of the problem is that he was deeply in debt when he died, and it ended up
    that her mom lost their house to the bank (foreclosed)
    How would you counsel this woman.

2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I'm guessing "this woman" is a daughter?

I'd counsel her to have a heart to heart with her mom. She needs to tell her mom that there is nothing that can be done by complaining and that it is keeping her (mom) in bondage because it's controlling her and keeping her from seeing blessing and moving on. I'd also tell the daughter to tell her mom that she is not choosing sides but if mom chooses to continue to only focus on what a dead man did, then she might need to cut back on the relationship because it's just not healthy. Sometimes when people get older, their world gets smaller and they really only focus on one thing.

3. Sue-Ellen

Sue-Ellen Active Member

The mom needs to go to counselling to get rid of the anger that she holds inside. The father is gone now and there is nothing she can do to change things. Holding on to the anger will do her no good. She needs to find forgiveness in her heart and move on. Perhaps she carries some guilt. Talking to the Pastor of her church would do her good. She needs to let this good for her and her daughter. Regardless of what went on this child loves her Daddy and she doesn't need to listen to her mom constantly putting him down. He if gone now he can not defend himself. Her anger is only creating a wedge between her and her daughter and destroying their relationship. She needs to do something before she loses her daughter too.

• Agree Agree x 1