1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Moms of tween girls (7-12) this is for you!

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by ktn4eg, Sep 6, 2013.

1. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

Perhaps you've never heard of Pure In Heart Ministries. Don't feel too bad because a lot of mothers of tween girls (ages 7-12) probably haven't.

Basically it's a ministry designed to hold one-day (usually Saturdays) conferences whose purpose is to instill in the lives of mothers of tween girls the absolute necessity of teaching biblical purity to their tween daughters; and, for the girls themselves, not to succumb to the world's lies of (for example) what real beauty looks like.

I could say more, but I'd rather have you look at this link [IMPORTANT--Don't fail to look over the "Read More" section. It'll probably tell you more than just the visuals will]:

www.pureinheartconference.com

PS---Throughout the videos you'll see blond-haired lady with small wire-rimmed glasses dressed in a white outfit speaking to the ladies. This lady is Susan Henson, the Director of Pure In Heart Ministries.

[If any of you wish more info on P I H, please PM me & I'll try to give you some contact info.]

2. A Penny Saved

A Penny Saved New Member

Too late for me to benefit from a "tween" group because I'm 13.

But my parents are unbelievers, and I was never told the Christian view of beauty, the true meaning of marriage, of sex, or gender roles. It's good that there are people to help guide girls to a Christian view of all this before the world has imposed it's own version of things.

But that should begin in the home, with parents, from infancy! I don't think the "purity pledges" and other programs can make up for the failure of moms and dads to teach and set an example in the home.

How 'bout some classes for parents, and future parents, about the truth and how to instill it in children at home?

~Penny, new Christian, 13 years old, still a virgin

3. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Penny, that would ideally be great, except parents are adults with the right to make their own decisions. Even with unbelievers, I don't think the majority want their children to do wrong, but you can't force a Christian moral code on them if they don't believe in it.

Teens and kids also have to make their own choices. Nobody can honestly force another human into believing something, no matter what their age. Maybe we can make our children look and dress a certain way, or scare them into behaving a certain way, but who wants to do that? It has to come from the heart, and you just can't force a heart to believe.

I know it sounds a little weird, but even with parents who do the wrong thing or don't teach good values to their children, those children still end up hearing the truth somewhere along the way! They pick up a book, or they see it modeled by someone else. They have a choice on whether to accept it from the other source or not.

Granted, it is probably more difficult for those children to accept it when it's not happening in their own home, but it still is their choice and ultimately, their own responsibility. In fact, it seems that those who accept something "better" despite not being surrounded with it at home are very strong people and not fake, not just doing it grudgingly because their parents expect them to, like you see a lot of teens do at home and then they're different outside the home.