1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Monergists who are not Calvinists II

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by Reformed, Jan 24, 2020.

1. ivdavid

ivdavid Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry, didn't notice you added to your post. What is the alternative to Balanced scale justice and how would that uphold the Law of works God gave?

When you say you don't see this presented in Scripture - what specifically do you find unscriptural? If one keeps God's commandments, he receives life in so doing. The one who doesn't keep His commandments is under the curse. This is a direct rendition of the law of works as Paul uses it - I don't see myself applying any interpretation here. Further, transgression of the law is sin. And one who commits a sin worthy of death is accursed. Isn't 'do God's commandments = life' and 'not do God's commandments = curse' a balanced scale justice? Isn't one accursed because of the sin warranting death? Where seems to be the disconnect?

2. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    He can as a public figure. Gossip, however, about members, former members, and possible members will not be allowed. People can (and should) discuss doctrine.

I have had a member of a Christian forum stalk me online, troll me, I even had to block his phone number (I should have guarded mine better). So let's leave the personal assumptions, trying to link people to membership here, and such juvenile activities out of the discussions (not that you have been inappropriate, @Reformed) out of it and deal with presented beliefs, doctrine and theology.

3. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The doctrine is that God has holy anger and wrath against sin, and when sinners stand before God in judgment, either they or someone else, Jesus, must bear the brunt wrath of God, how is that being found outside of scripture?

4. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    sin brings spiritual and physical dwth, and in order to be atoned for, and to have the holy wrath of God appeased and divine judgment averted, someone must pay to the Father for the sin that has been committed against Him and His law.

5. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God will judge all sinners per the standard of his holiness, and his anger and wrath in involved in this, so how is this coming from pagan sources?