1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Monkey God and Obama

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Marcia, Nov 13, 2008.

1. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

The same passage (I cor 8) has this principle:

9But take care that this liberty of yours does not somehow become a stumbling block to the weak.
    10For if someone sees you, who have knowledge, dining in an idol's temple, will not his conscience, if he is weak, be strengthened to eat things sacrificed to idols?
    11For through your knowledge he who is weak is ruined, the brother for whose sake Christ died.
    12And so, by sinning against the brethren and wounding their conscience when it is weak, you sin against Christ. 13Therefore, if food causes my brother to stumble, I will never eat meat again, so that I will not cause my brother to stumble.

So a prominent professing Christian such as Obama certainly should not carry good luck charms, especially a Hindu god figure, in case he violates the conscience of weaker brothers and sisters. Look at verse 12, it's pretty serious.

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A true Christian would not carry such idols around.

3. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I neither voted for Obama, nor would I ever. I considered McCain too liberal. In addition, I do not believe him to be a Christian. It is also true he could be worshiping the idol, and it could cause a weaker brother to stumble. However, all those statements are not absolutes. Only God knows if he is a Christian, if he is worshiping the figure, etc. There is a difference between what I think and what God knows, and several statements in this thread are expressed in absoulte ways as if they know what God knows.