1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Monster in law

Discussion in 'Travel Forum' started by SaggyWoman, Jul 19, 2005.

1. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Did you see it? Did you like it?

2. Songbird

Songbird New Member

Thought about it. But after I read the reviews on http://www.pluggedinonline.com/ (an entertainment review webpage from a Christian perspective), I decided against. There have been several movies I have decided against seeing after I consulted this page. It does look funny-but too many negatives kept me away.

3. Johnv

Johnv New Member

My wife and I saw it, and we laughed all the way through it. I think that anyone who's a newlywed (and even some oldy-wed's) can relate to it.

I don't think single folks will find ti as funny. Jane Fonda did a great job at comedy. While I can poke and prod her politics, there's no denying she's still a good actor. J Lo, too, holds her own well. The chemistry between the two of them in the movie is great.

There's a casual, but not excessive amount, of profanity, and the only sexual content is via implication (there are no graphic sexual situations).

It's a romantic comedy suitable for adults, best relating to newlyweds. Despite a mild amount of crude content, it's still worth viewing. I wouldn't take young 'uns. Inappropriate language and subject matter for tiny ears. Older teens might be okay, but I think they will find the subject matter boring, choosing instead to laugh at the onscreen catfights. Make this a date-night flick.

4. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

I saw it and thought it was funny. Jane Fonda was hilarious. So out of her character. What a neurotic!

5. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I wouldn't go see it because of J. Lo's use of fur in her clothing line.

6. Johnv

Johnv New Member

:confused: I guess you'll never be seen in public with my 71 years old mother. She has two coats that have fur collars.