1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Montanans organize Republicans for Obama

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by YOUTUBECANBESAVED, Oct 9, 2008.

1. YOUTUBECANBESAVED

YOUTUBECANBESAVED New Member

This is positive news, Montana could very well be in play within the next couple of weeks it is good to see that it is waking up.;) CR

(but Texas I think will be the big surprise)

Montanans organize Republicans for Obama

Recently, a group of Republicans at a Billings coffee shop chatted about growing up in Republican households and voting for Republican candidates virtually all their lives. They were there, though, to organize a local branch of Republicans for Obama. Many shared stories of evangelical roots and a distaste of the direction of U.S. foreign policy over the last eight years. One shared concerns of the United States’ increased national debt and another worried about her lack of health insurance. All had unique stories of why they traditionally have voted for republican presidential candidates but are planning to cast a vote this year for Sen. Barack Obama.

Lisa Barton of Molt voted for President Bush in 2004 and said she would have voted for John McCain as recently as seven months ago. “I saw McCain on the Tonight Show and thought, ‘Oh, he’s a funny guy,’” said Barton. “But I listened to Barack speak — and the passion and intelligence behind what he said impressed me and resonated with me. His judgment on foreign policy in Iraq and Afghanistan has proven to be better than McCain’s.” Barton said ending the war in Iraq is a top issue for her, and she favors Obama’s plans to redirect military efforts to Afghanistan. Erika Morck, the daughter of a Korean War veteran, said her parents are republicans and she has always identified with the Republican Party. Despite being deeply moved by Obama’s keynote address at the 2004 Democratic National Convention, Morck said she couldn’t bring herself to vote for John Kerry four years ago. “I’ve been haunted by that decision for several years,” said Morck, who lacks health insurance and supports Obama’s plan to offer all Americans the same health care coverage members of Congress have. “Barack Obama has lit a fire under me.”

http://www.bozone.com/display.php?type=1&subtype=46&event=24483