1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Moral Monsters and the Shame of Baylor University

Discussion in '2006 Archive' started by Helen, Jan 22, 2006.

1. Filmproducer

Filmproducer Guest

Baylor is not part of the Christian right and not been for a while. They are more moderate to liberal.

I was not speaking specifically about Baylor. I was speaking in general terms only. Baylor is not the only "Christian" Hospital or care center. Why do you think the family could not find another facility, even with the help of Baylor's staff? IMO, the only reason was the burden of cost of keeping a cancer ridden indigent woman alive. Heaven forbid we ask anyone to pay for the care of a poor woman, who is going to die anyway. As Galation aptly pointed out, this poor African immigrant is not the political opportunity of a Terri Schaivo. It is quite interesting how GW was against removing Terri Schaivo's feeding tube. It's a good thing she didn't live in Texas. As least Jeb Bush, as much as I disagree with his administration in some areas, stands up for what he believes 100%, not just when it seems politically beneficial. At least "dying with dignity" laws allow the patient to decide whether they want to live or die. When you are poor, and cannot afford skyrocketing health care, the hospital can still kill you. How much is life worth in Texas? Apparently nothing if you cannot afford life sustaining treatment.