1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Moral Values

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Dr. Bob, Nov 5, 2004.

1. Craigbythesea

Craigbythesea Active Member

I am not puzzled at all! I learned the answer to that question many years ago as the pastor of an inner-city church. Anti-abortion and anti-fag bumper stickers can be had for 25¢ a piece, but food, clothing, shelter, and medical and dental care for just one destitute family costs some big bucks!

When greedy, self-righteous Christians call someone a “baby killer” or a “fag,” for a minute or two they forget what they are themselves, but they remind society of how loathsome Christians are. In the Book of Acts we do not read that the New Testament Church grew by leaps and bounds by preaching against abortion and homosexuality—we read that it grew by leaps and bounds by casting off personal greed and giving to those in need. But of course at the First Baptist Church of Suburbia that is called leftist liberalism. In an inner-city Church it is called being a Christian and loving your neighbor [​IMG] .

[​IMG]

2. StraightAndNarrow

StraightAndNarrow Active Member

I am not puzzled at all! I learned the answer to that question many years ago as the pastor of an inner-city church. Anti-abortion and anti-fag bumper stickers can be had for 25¢ a piece, but food, clothing, shelter, and medical and dental care for just one destitute family costs some big bucks!

When greedy, self-righteous Christians call someone a “baby killer” or a “fag,” for a minute or two they forget what they are themselves, but they remind society of how loathsome Christians are. In the Book of Acts we do not read that the New Testament Church grew by leaps and bounds by preaching against abortion and homosexuality—we read that it grew by leaps and bounds by casting off personal greed and giving to those in need. But of course at the First Baptist Church of Suburbia that is called leftist liberalism. In an inner-city Church it is called being a Christian and loving your neighbor [​IMG] .

[​IMG]
    </font>[/QUOTE]I agree with this perspective. Following Christ can be summerized by one word, LOVE, as Christ said Himself. I see precious little love coming from fundamentalist christians today. Instead, I see a desire to separate our country into us and them, not for religious purposes but for political gain. The identification of those who think differently, including Christians who don't vote Republican, is splitting the church and making it impossible to reach out to the unsaved. How can you evangelize someone who isn't a Republican, supports abortion or is gay if you hate them and everything they stand for?

I don't support abortion but for the life of me I can't understand why the life of an Iraqi non-combatent who was killed by U.S. troops (estimate 100,000 of them now) is worth any less than the life of an unborn child. How can we call a war when we haven't ever been given a reason for getting into it? How was it ever proven that al Quada was responsible for the Sept. 11 attack?

Then we have a president who uses his "christianity" for political gain when it's highly questionable whether he's really a Christian at all. (See the following web sites)
    http://www.wherethetruthhurts.org/tractsbooksread.php?w=59

http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/elections/article.adp?id=20041026095909990008)

If someone came forward in your church and said Jesus is NOT the only way to the Father and that Muslims will be in heaven would you accept this as a valid Christian testimony? Well, that's what George W. Bush believes. He says it himself in the ABC News interview.

Let's stop kidding ourselves. Christians have been duped into voting for a man who isn't what he says he is and he has used them for his own purposes. Bush also says he's not against overturning Roe vs. Wade and he supports abortion under certain circumstances. He supports the Federal Marriage amendment but thinks the states should decide about civil unions. OK so you can't call it marriage but you can get all the legal benefits.

3. StraightAndNarrow

StraightAndNarrow Active Member

Well, it looks like the ABC News video has been taken off line. I wonder why? Here's a comment on it by a Constitutional Party spokesman.

http://www.reedheustis.com