1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Morally Pure

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Jerry Shugart, Jan 8, 2012.

1. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

HP: Here is yet another thing that some try to use to give credence to their private interpretations of Scripture, boxing in their own notions by their 'imaginary box of meanings': context. :thumbsup:

2. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I will ask you again. This time answer me.
    What is the meaning of the word "conversation" in Phil.3:20?
    "Our conversation is in heaven."

3. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

DHK, what would it matter what I thought? If it disagreed with what you desire it to mean, according to you I might be called a heretic, acting in like manner to a cult, be taking something out of context, falsely using a dictionary to establish a meaning that only you can determine is correct, not understanding the GK tense of a verb, ...........and that is only the short list. :smilewinkgrin:

4. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Read a modern translation. It probably won't disagree with what I believe. It will only demonstrate something about words and their definitions, something that I have been saying quite a bit in this thread that isn't sinking in.