1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

More heresy from the NBC

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Revmitchell, Mar 2, 2008.

1. ituttut

ituttut New Member

Hello BaptistBeliever.
    I agree with every word that these scriptures say. But are we not also to believe all scripture? I also believe Damascus Road in the following chapter (9) is not a fairy tale. Jesus Christ from heaven is now talking to us, and our Apostle is Paul, and no other Apostle makes this claim. They (those of the Jewish Pentecostal church in Jerusalem) shook the hand of Paul and Barnabas that they would not preach their circumcised gospel to an uncircumcised Gentile.

Things such as this are very hard for us to accept, and other things such as Jesus while on this earth said He did not come me, a dog. I believe what He said on earth, and I believe what He says from heaven. True the building with come together, which Jesus Christ is the corner stone, but I have planted both feet on the foundation that Paul has laid. "For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles, 2. If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:
    3. How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,
    4. Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)
    5. Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;
    6. That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel", Ephesians 3:1-6.

Paul says NOW they understand (Peter, John and the others) that we Gentiles in this dispensation of the Grace of God are "Fellowheirs" to be in the Kingdom of Jesus Christ - God. Even though the earthly appointed Apostles, and James said they would not preach their gospel to us, it became KNOWN to them, the gospel of Paul will make all Gentile's (Israel are now as we Gentiles)"Felloheirs" with them of Temple worship and blood sacrifices. Also Peter tells his own people they had better listen up to Paul, for he has wisdom no one else has - II Peter 3:15-16.

Are these things not in scripture?

2. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

I'm not certain what your point is. Of course we should read and meditate on the entire Bible. The verses about Phillip and the eunich merely say that sometimes we need some interpretation.